Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-10-27 00:35:03

sshhllacp

Adobe connect recorded MP4 video not able to play in Microsoft Edge

Hi, what would be the work around on adobe connect recorded video in MP4 format to play in new Microsoft edge. I am able to play the same link in Chrome when enable the flash option in chrome setting. Since the new Edge update, when I clicked on that mp4 recorded link, edge kept asking Adobe Connect requires Flash Player 13.0 or above. I have flash enable in the edge browser and allow adobeconnect to auto play media in permission setting.

any advice.

Thanks

#2 2019-10-28 13:52:57

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe connect recorded MP4 video not able to play in Microsoft Edge

The default media player that Connect is using is Flash based, which is probably causing your issue. The solution as of today, is to use an HTML media player skin (could be done by inserting the MP4 in Presenter or Captivate) or wait for the update to Connect to change that media player to HTML.

If I had to guess, I'd say the update to the player may be in early next year.

#3 2019-12-19 15:23:46

DJB

Re: Adobe connect recorded MP4 video not able to play in Microsoft Edge

A recorded meeting in HTML5 or mp4 would be a great help!
An issue we've come across is the final nature of uploading mp4 videos to use as content - if we use H265 we get audio and black screen but H264 is fine - go figure. Also have had good luck taking old FLV files and posting them into a Adobe Captivate screen then saving as a mp4 video file.

Board footer