Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-09-18 15:15:48

Kalervo Räisänen

Adobe Connect Application crashing

Hi,

I'm new to Adobe Connect, and Adobe Connect keeps crashing during my meetings. I'm using a Logitech C920 webcam and a Sennheiser MKH 416 microphone hooked up to my Audient id4 audio interface. I first thought the problem might be my audio interface, but I keep getting crashes when I use an usb-microphone instead. I've also tried using a laptop computer, but I'm having the same problem. Both of my computers are running macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Could the problem be my OS? I'm also having issues with Mojave freezing on login screen.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Last edited by Kalervo Räisänen (2019-09-18 15:34:19)

#2 2019-09-18 16:18:53

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect Application crashing

Mac OS 10.14 is supported, so I'm not sure it is that. I'd try uninstalling and re-installing the Connect App and see if the problem lies there.

#3 2019-09-20 10:40:45

Kalervo Räisänen

Thanks for your response, Jorma.

I've tried re-installing AC a few times on both machines with no luck: AC keeps crashing. I've also tried switching my usb devices on different ports and routing them to AC through a virtual mixer and a software vision mixer. Yesterday one of my colleagues had crashes when using a Magewell video capture device and an audio interface, and AC started working properly once he used different ports.

I've also tried different video and microphone settings, etc. and shutting down (almost) all other apps on my OS. I've also tried reinstalling Flash.

Now that I think about it, my problems started when I first reinstalled AC. I did it by dragging the AC folder in trashcan and deleting it from there. But once I reinstall, I can see my old meetings in the AC desktop interface. Is there a way to completely remove AC from my computer?

Last edited by Kalervo Räisänen (2019-09-20 10:45:05)

#4 2019-09-23 00:05:10

Jorma_at_CoSo

You could try using the CC cleaner tool. Other than that, I'm not sure. I'll see if I can get a Mac user to chime in.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/ … blems.html

Board footer