Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-09-19 05:45:38

snogo

Tablet HD video quality | functionality

Dear Adobe Connect community

I have an inquiry about using a tablet (right now: Samsung SM t580) as host with Adobe Connect
the first tests very promising however the video quality coming from the tablet was very poor although we had very good up/down connection (one side: Down 159 Mbit/s Up 19 Mbit/s | other side: down 115 Mbit/s Up 54 Mbit/s ) and the cameras have a resolution of 8MP/2MP

is it possible to change the video quality setting to HD (or better) at the tablet? I can't find this setting anywhere. the app is different then the desktop version. what are the possibilites to get the best video quality?

and: is there a possibility to share the desktop also on the tablet (as host)? or do I need a desktop compatible tablet like running with windows 10?

I hope you can help me. kind regards
s

Last edited by snogo (2019-09-19 10:45:21)

#2 2019-09-19 10:06:37

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Tablet HD video quality | functionality

Not sure about setting the tablet video to HD. In the desktop version, if the HD video setting is selected, one video can be set to HD by a Host in the room. It is only actually an HD stream when the video image is large enough to justify actually using an HD (720) stream.

The app is limited in functionality so the ability to change the user who can leverage the HD quality may not be an option.

No, you can't share your screen on a mobile device. That is functionality that Android and Apple don't allow.

#3 2019-09-19 10:44:37

snogo

thanks a lot for your reply

ok I see. it seems to me that the only possible solution for a tablet to use HD video quality as a host is to have a rather new Windows10 tablet. they should have the possibility to install the Desktop version of Adobe Connect and the screen resolution should also be enough to provide a HD stream plus we would have the desktop screen sharing function

or am I wrong? somebody tested that before. the Adobe Connect desktop version on a win10 tablet?

#4 2019-09-19 11:33:13

Jorma_at_CoSo

No idea about a Win10 tablet.

FWIW, MS Surface computers never did play with with Connect, so if the Win10 Tablet is anything like them, it may have mixed results.

#5 2019-09-21 04:57:41

snogo

ok thanks for your evaluation
I guess we just have to try it. if anyone else has experience with that let us know

Board footer