Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-07-25 08:09:49

maxt71701699

{room-passcode}runtime field in email not shown correctly

Hi All,

I am facing the problem that the {room-passcode} runtime field in email not shown correctly. Specifically, although it is something like 123456, it gets shown in the email to users like this in place of the {room-passcode} runtime field: "Passcode: #V1#0J9KWY/9Y1wUZYp7CSZGbg=="

Steps to reproduce:
1. Created a seminar, set it to "Anyone can access" and added a passcode.
2. Created an event that uses that seminar.
3. Edited the email template to include the {room-passcode} runtime field.
4. Sent email to a newly registered user.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards!

#2 2019-07-26 00:51:29

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: {room-passcode}runtime field in email not shown correctly

Fascinating. I can replicate the issue, it looks like the passcode is encrypted.

If it is important to you to have this as part of your event, I'd recommend reaching out to Adobe Support and submitting this as a bug. https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pport.html

However, and this is just my $0.02, if you are having people go through the process of registering for an event, why do you need the passcode on the room? This just feels like an extra step that doesn't really gain you anything. You will have a record of who attended the event, because of them having to go through the event portal. The passcode doesn't feel like it protects your event any more than the username and password required by the event.

#3 2019-08-05 02:33:32

maxt71701699

Thank you for your reply and for confirming that you can replicate the issue! The idea here is that I would like to avoid users having to assign a password as part of the registration process. The reason behind that is that I would like to use the Connect API to register them for the event (after they have authenticated with our central IDP), and then don't want them to set another password for Adobe Connect.

I will reach out to Adobe on this bug in any case, though. Thank you again!

#4 2019-08-06 17:15:19

Jorma_at_CoSo

Ah, so you are looking for an SSO solution. Have you considered the new SSO option that is part of Connect 10? It may be worth looking at, as it uses SAML 2.0 to authenticate users. It's fairly basic, but wouldn't require your individuals to create new passwords. https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/u … nnect.html

CoSo Cloud also has SSO solutions for Connect, if you are interested.

The other path that you could consider would be to create Events in Connect and set them to not require passwords for registrants. With this option selected you could use the APIs to register individuals and their email would get them access to the Events.

Board footer