Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-07-25 23:20:40

doan thai

Run adobe Connect pre-meeting diagnostic test on mobile

Something, I join meeting from my mobile with 3G network or slow network and I can't hear audio from other participant in my meeting. I want to run diagnostic test on mobile to known requirement minimum network  that can join meeting on mobile.
I try search in google and adobe connect's forum but I not found any question or answer for my problem.
Please help me. Thanks.

#2 2019-07-26 01:25:53

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Run adobe Connect pre-meeting diagnostic test on mobile

Because of the dynamic nature of Connect sessions, it's hard to give a specific number. On the Tech Specs page for Connect this is the minimum number listed for all users, mobile and desktop alike.

Bandwidth: 512 Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications.

However, if someone is sharing their video or screen sharing the bandwidth demand can increase well beyond that number. Ultimately a 3G connection is pretty questionable and a 4G connection is slightly less questionable. If you must use a mobile device, I'd recommend having a WiFi connection.

#3 2019-07-29 21:12:29

doan thai

Thanks your help,
I have been read Tech Specs Page and I see requirement bandwidth is 512 Kbps but how I know bandwidth from participants or me to my domain adobe connect.
Normal to process it, I will use javascript to download one image file and upload something text from my server and calculate process time to know upload speed or download speed. But with domain adobe connect I can't do this. I try this by download one mp4 from domain adobe connect and upload text file to it, but it need session and I see some problem security.
So, how do I can measure bandwitdth from participant to domain adobe connect?

#4 2019-08-01 18:44:11

Jorma_at_CoSo

That can be a challenge. The mobile app doesn't show connectivity as clearly as the standard app.

With the update to Connect 10.5, it looks like there will be the option to join the room in the HTML client when on a mobile device. This is a beta feature in 10.5 so it will likely not be the mobile optimized version, but it may allow the use of the connection status indicator on the top right of the room.

#5 2019-08-03 08:04:11

doan thai

Wow, HTML5 version will big update. Because, I see some info in chrome change log that they will disable flash is default in new version.

I did tried your HTML5, but some feature can't work such as: slide show, timer, .... and may be it isn't stable. I hope my host adobe connect update as soon as new version.

#6 2019-08-06 17:20:09

Jorma_at_CoSo

It makes sense that those items don't work. I don't know the Slide Show tool, but the Timer is build in Flash. I believe a new HTML or hybrid Flash/HTML version will likely be released soon, and those should work in the HTML client on any screen.

It is exciting news!

Board footer