Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-04-22 21:27:58

kirkdickinson

Duplicate Presentations - Can I delete them?

I noticed that I have duplicate presentations in my room now. Not sure if it is just keeping a link to presentations that haven't been finished??

For instance I have a file named Part2.ppt and now there is an additional one named Part2_1907595444.ppt

I deleted one of those created files and the original because of changed and reuploaded the file. Now when I reupload it, there is a new file in my list that is of type "Content" but it has -0- length. There is also one with the same name with type of "Presentation".

Is it safe to delete all the ones that seem to be created duplicates and the ones that are of type content?

#2 2019-04-23 10:25:41

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Duplicate Presentations - Can I delete them?

You get duplicate versions of objects in the share pod when you upload the same file multiple times. The numerical tag at the end is just Connect giving the file a unique name, since you can't have two files with the same name in the same folder.

It is safe to delete the duplicates, but this may remove the most recent one you uploaded. If you remove the wrong one, just upload the file again.

Files that show as Content with no file size had an error upon uploading. Those can also be removed if desired.

#3 2019-04-23 10:31:20

kirkdickinson

Re: Duplicate Presentations - Can I delete them?

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Files that show as Content with no file size had an error upon uploading. Those can also be removed if desired.

OK, thanks.. :)

Board footer