Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-02-05 16:16:15

-antonio-

Blank screen for presenter when switching layouts

Hello,

I'm not sure if I've found a technical issue with Adobe Connect or if I am using it incorrectly. I apologize for the length of this post in advance. To illustrate the issue I'll provide the following example:

In a seminar room, there is one host, one presenter, two layouts, and multiple participants. Layout 1 is just a screen share pod and layout 2 is a Q&A pod. The issue occurs with the presenter.

1. The presenter shares their screen from layout 1 for the first time in a webinar. The Adobe Connect widget appears expanded in the bottom-right corner so the presenter can see how their screen is being shared. As we know the toolbar of the widget will collapse down to the taskbar of the widget after 5 seconds if you don't collapse it yourself or completely minimize it off of the screen.
2. The presenter discusses the shared content.
3. The host switches to layout 2 to start the Q&A before the presenter has clicked "Stop Sharing" in the Adobe Connect widget.
4. From the presenters perspective, their screen stops sharing and switches to layout 2 in the Adobe Connect window.
5. The host changes the layout back to layout 1 to begin the next part of the presentation.
6. The presenter shares their screen from layout 1 for the second time. The Adobe Connect widget appears collapsed in the bottom-right corner of the screen. If you don't minimize the widget off the screen or expand it before 5 seconds elapses, the toolbar of the widget will "collapse" behind the taskbar of widget and where the toolbar should be is a blank screen that displays the background of the Adobe Connect room.
7. The presenter discusses the shared content but can't minimize the collapsed Adobe Connect widget because where the minimize button should be is just a blank screen. The collapsed Adobe Connect widget with the blank toolbar will block the part of the screen it is on from the audience's perspective.
8. The host switches to layout 2 to start the Q&A. The presenter cannot click "Stop Sharing" on the Adobe Connect widget because the toolbar of the widget is blank.
9. From the presenter's perspective when layout 2 loads, everything in the Adobe Connect window is a blank screen except for the top-left corner which displays the background of the Adobe Connect room in a rectangle the same size as the collapsed Adobe Connect widget.

So, the issue begins at step 6 and then gets worse at step 9. I tested this repeatedly and if you follow these steps these issues occur every time. To be clear this is only for the same presenter if they have to share their screen a second time within the same webinar.

I have found these solutions:
1. Make sure the presenter minimizes the Adobe Connect widget right away, every time they share their screen, before it collapses.
2. The presenter has to click "Stop Sharing" in the Adobe Connect widget before the host switches to another layout every time the presenter shares their screen.
3. If they don't do the two solutions above they have to close the Adobe Connect window, re-load it and re-join the webinar.

The questions I have for you are:
1. Is this an actual technical issue or am I using Adobe Connect incorrectly?
2. Does the host have to wait for the presenter to stop sharing their screen before switching layouts?
3. Do you have any other suggestions to avoid this blank screen issue for the presenter?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!
Antonio

#2 2019-02-15 10:43:59

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Blank screen for presenter when switching layouts

I have seen this type of issue before, which requires the person sharing their screen to stop sharing before changing the layout of the room.

Other than using that workflow, I don't know of a better work around. You should reach out to Adobe Support to see if they have any other options, are aware of the issue, or have any plans for a fix.

#3 2019-02-21 13:43:59

-antonio-

Thanks for getting back to me Jorma! I will try to reach out to Adobe Support.

#4 2020-03-13 11:00:52

Msawicki4

Has this been resolved? I've had the same issue !

Board footer