Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-01-22 13:27:34

cuc1548177776

Synchronizing Captivate variables in share pod?

Basically what I'm trying to do is create a simple interactive "widget" in Captivate, then share that widget in an Adobe Connect share pod so everyone sees the same thing.  That's easy enough, BUT I'm running into a snag when I use variables.

Navigation works as expected - If I navigate to slide 2 and sync is on then everyone in the meeting room sees slide 2.  But let's say I use a variable at some point, at that point it no longer synchronizes because (I assume) the variable is local to each user.  I had hoped that the sync feature of Connect would handle that as well, but apparently not.

So here's a simple example (Note, I realize there are existing solutions to do this verbatim, I'm just using it as a simple example of the concept I'm after).  A single slide with 2 big buttons.  2 user variables we'll call `var_count1` and `var_count2`.  Each button has an action to increment the corresponding variable.  Then the variables are displayed in text next to each button. For example:  ySYdLPk.png

This works fine except it's unique to each individual in the room.  If Timmy clicks green 5 times, it's still going to show 0 for Susie, and vice versa.  So what I'm wondering is if there's a way to make the variables sync as well?  Or otherwise shared in some way - So when Timmy clicks green 5 times, Susie will see green increment up to 5.  Then Susie clicks green 5 more times and they both see 10.

I'm specifically hoping to find a solution using only Captivate to author because this will allow many developers in my organization to repeat it.  I am open to poking at code if needed, but really hoping I don't have to go all the way to the SDK for custom pod development...

Board footer