Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-11-08 07:26:52

mrcs

Recordings not saving as MP4

Hello

I'm having issues making offline MP4 copies of recordings on Adobe Connect meetings.  I've experienced this over the past week.  I've used various computers to generate the recordings, so I don't think the issue is with my setup.  I'm also hard wired and have a superfast broadband connection which (at the moment) is reliable.

In the past week I have tried to make offline MP4 copies of various Adobe Connect meetings I've recorded.  The offline version of the recording is processed as normal, but at the end, I am not receiving the pop up box which confirms the recording.  There is a MP4 file on my system, but this is 0 seconds.  The 'stop and save' button is greyed out, as is the 'play' button.  The timer shows that the recording is complete.  When I attempt to close the recording window, I have a 'not responding' message and then a prompt for the issue to be reported to microsoft.

I have made several recordings and generated MP4 offline copies every week over the past year.  This is the first time I have experienced these issues.  Can anyone help with a possible solution to this?  Since recordings take as long as the meeting to generate as offline MP4 copies, this is taking up quite a lot of my time (my recordings are always 2 hours long, so take a further 2 hours to turn into MP4s).

Many thanks in anticipation! :-)

#2 2018-11-09 18:43:19

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Recordings not saving as MP4

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the App to see if that resolves the issue. The next test would be to try making the MP4 on another computer.

If neither of those work, I'd reach out to Adobe Support and see if they can't help resolve the issue.

#3 2018-12-07 06:04:11

mrcs

Hi Jorma

Many thanks for your response.  I didn't think the issue was the app, since I work from three different computers.  However, I reinstalled the app just in case but am still experiencing the problem.  It's having quite an impact on how I deliver this aspect of my job, and I'm having to work many more hours (often late into the night) to run a two hour recording (which now takes three-four hours to produce).

I work for two universities which use Adobe.  I've tested this in both institutions, and am experiencing the same issue with both.  I'm trying to get this raised with via my institutions.  If I can't get my institutions to raise this, I'll approach Adobe Support independently - thanks for the tip.

Cheers.

#4 2018-12-07 08:18:29

mrcs

Hi folks

I've got a solution for my problem, so thought I would share this in case it is an issue for anyone else in the future.

The issue was that I was trying to save a recording directly to a networked drive rather than a local one on my PC.  I had made a change in the past couple of months, but it hadn't registered that this might be an issue.  In the future, I will save the Adobe Connect recording to my local drive, then copy the file over onto my networked drive.  I've tested saving to my local drive, and Adobe performs exactly as it used to.

Hope this is helpful for someone.

Board footer