Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-10-24 11:16:29

Hnielsen

unable to share screen

From searching I see this is an old topic but last raised in Jan '18 without a resolution. I've used Connect for several years, but only started with this problem around Sept. When in a meeting the leader invites me to share my screen. I get the pop-up drop-down menu. Clicking on Share Screen "depresses" the action button but nothing else happens. I can open the menu. The Share Screen option is checked. I re-check it. Still nothing happens when I click on Share Screen. This is a desk top computer (18 months old) with plenty of space and RAM. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit, which is kept up to date. Adobe Connect 9 is loaded on the computer; I updated it last week to see if that was the issue. My web browser is Firefox 62.0.3, 64 bit. I have not restricted pop-ups. I have activated the setting "warn if web sites try to install add-ons" and "block dangerous and deceptive content and downloads". But since this isn't an issue with being able to connect to my seminars etc I doubt that is an issue. And I haven't changed these settings from the time that I could share screen (July 2018 is the last time I remember doing it). Can't think of any other info that will help get a solution. Anyone have thoughts?
Heber

#2 2018-10-24 12:08:18

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: unable to share screen

Is the meeting opening in your web browser (a tab in your browser) or in the App (a standalone window)?

#3 2018-10-30 16:19:25

Hnielsen

I think it opens in the app, but I will have to go to class to see. Next class is late tonight, I can give a correct answer tomorrow.
Heber

#4 2018-11-01 13:11:31

Hnielsen

Checked again last night during class. The live class session opens in the Firefox browser I use, after clicking on the connection link provided by my school. There are no issues with seeing the professor's screen throughout, or with other students' screens when they are doing share screen. But mine still does not share. The popup comes up when the professor wants me to share the screen, but when I click on the share screen button in the popup (both the one in the drop down menu and on the front of the popup) nothing happens. With the Connect session open in my browser during class there is an Adobe Connect icon that shows up in my task bar, which disappears when I disconnect from the session. I haven't found this to be something that would help with the problem. Between this email and my original email is there anything more that would  help trouble shoot this?
Heber

#5 2018-11-01 17:31:42

Jorma_at_CoSo

If you are seeing the Adobe Connect logo, you are opening the room in the Adobe Connect App. This is launched when you login after clicking a link. I believe that Fire Fox is not the issue here.

The App is required to do screen sharing, so it seems like something is wrong with the App. You should uninstall the Adobe Connect App and then re-install it. You can get the current installer for it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pplication

#6 2018-11-02 08:59:52

Hnielsen

Thanks. I had already tried uninstalling and re-installing, but I am trying it again. The last time (2 weeks ago) from the installation page (the link you gave me) I chose the Windows installation, ~278KB. This time I chose the "Standalone" Windows version, ~15.8MB. I am surprised by how quickly the installation went, with only a choice of whether or not I wanted an icon on the screen. There is no question that I did the uninstall first, so there shouldn't have been anything left behind. After the install I went to my menu and started Connect, which asks me to log in with the email or number of my meeting. I don't remember if that is the way it used to behave, as I almost always enter a meeting via an email invite. Anyway, I will not have a real chance to check this until next Tuesday night in next class. Unless you know of a way to do a test run? I'll log back in on Weds to report if things are fixed or not.

#7 2018-11-06 23:21:35

Hnielsen

After another uninstall - reinstall, I still cannot share my screen. I can see screens others share. Nothing has changed at all. What now?

#8 2018-11-07 12:12:20

Jorma_at_CoSo

The next step would probably be to talk to Adobe Support https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pport.html

Board footer