Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-05-25 13:16:56

cuc1495731597

Connect add-in installation - Admin\UAC issues

Hi,

We have run into a problem where we are unable to install the necessary add-in on computers unless the user is an actual administrator.

If we want to install the add-in for user X, we log in as that user and attempt to install the add-in. UAC prompts us to enter an admin account to proceed and we enter in the credentials for an admin. However, the software doesn't install for user X. It seems to try to install it to the admin's profile.

In other words, it is trying to install to the account we use for UAC. Not the account of the user we are logged in as.

The only way around this, that I've found, is to move that user account into the local admin group, and then attempt to install as that user... bypassing UAC. I can then remove that user from the local admin group, yadda yadda.

But clearly that is not a reasonable installation process.

Has anyone else encountered this? How do we work around it?

#2 2018-10-23 23:23:34

cuc1540354723

Re: Connect add-in installation - Admin\UAC issues

edited.

ok i have to revise my statement, installation with admin rights is necessary but the installation goes into the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Connect" and when starting the application it is unpacked into the user profile directory

Last edited by cuc1540354723 (2018-10-24 00:17:45)

Board footer