Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-10-04 12:15:29

wired137

Authentication method needed to be able to parse XML using SSIS

Hi -

My goal is to use SSIS to connect to our adobe connect platform and connect to the report-bulk-consolidated-transactions xml output, parse it, and load it into a table

How would I authenticate in this case? My company uses SSO...so I'm not sure how I can use my login to directly access our AC platform and then call the XML.

Can anyone help or has anyone done this in the past?

Thanks,
-MD

#2 2018-10-17 09:13:33

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Authentication method needed to be able to parse XML using SSIS

You should make API calls using a login with Admin credentials in Connect. How that login gets created is up to your organization, but in most cases it is created as a specific API Admin account in Connect, outside of the SSO. This can be done in the Administration section of Connect Central.

#3 2018-10-17 11:00:52

wired137

I have admin access, but I am not sure where to find this information in my account. Can you provide any direction?

Thanks,
-Mike

#4 2018-10-18 10:07:53

Jorma_at_CoSo

Then your username and password can be used when making any API calls. However, since it is tied to your login, if you create a script that uses your credentials and you change your PW or leave the organization, then the API call will likely no longer work. This is why it is suggested that you create a specific login and pw for API calls. Go to Administration > Users and Groups and create a new user with Admin rights. This user will be outside of the SSO integration.

Board footer