Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-02-26 09:50:00

ChaCha

Public permission for recording but guest cannot access

I've tried to find the answer to this.  I made a recent recording of a seminar available to all that attend.  Unfortunately my work system use Google and so we are unable to use the event scheduling and use an external system.  As a short cut I've also provided the url directly to guests.

Following the webinar, I amended permissions to public which I though would mean anyone attending would be able to access the webinar using the url.  However, guests are directed to a login page asking for username and password which they don't have.  How am I able to enable access for these people, please?
Thanks

#2 2018-02-27 18:37:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Public permission for recording but guest cannot access

First, double check that the URL you send is the URL for the recording. It's easy to have the wrong URL copied or to accidentally just pass the server URL without the extension for the recording. And while you are there, just make the recording private, hit Save, then make it public and hit Save again.

Also, just double check that the icon for the recording is the gray unlocked pad lock rather than the yellow locked pad lock.

If neither of these resolve the problem, try moving the recording to the Content library and setting the permissions for access to public on it once it is disassociated from the Meeting room.

Board footer