Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-12-17 17:36:41

mattrsullivan

Can't share desktop, can't reinstall Connect plugin

Is there a way to manually remove the Connect plugin so that I can perform a reinstall?

#2 2016-01-27 11:35:59

e-slinger

Re: Can't share desktop, can't reinstall Connect plugin

Hello,

If I am reading this right, you would like to uninstall the add in and then have Connect do a fresh install for you.

In that case try this (note, steps are for a PC)

- Start
- Control Panel
- Programs and Features

This should give you a list of applications installed on your machine.

Locate the "Adobe Connect # Add-in"
Right-click on it
Choose "Uninstall"
Close the window

Next log into Connect (url should say end with "Launcher=false" and the meeting should open in browser)

Then you have two choices:

1. Go to Help in Connect and choose "Install Add-in"
2. Click "Share my Screen" in any share pod and allow the Add-in to be installed.

Give that a shot...good luck!

- Slinger

#3 2017-10-24 09:29:31

RobWI

Is there another way to uninstall it?  It's not showing in the program list on the control panel.

#4 2017-10-25 10:22:46

Jorma_at_CoSo

Does running the installer from here work? https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pplication

It sounds like the add-in is uninstalled, can you give any more insight about the issue you are facing when trying to share your screen?

#5 2018-02-19 07:34:50

Peter Grainge

I am having a problem with sharing my screen so I followed the instructions above to uninstall Connect and then logged in again. No change in the root problem. If I click Share Document or Share Whiteboard, i get a dialog but if I click Share My Screen I get a flash of a dialog outline and then nothing.

There is also quite a long pause after "Adobe Connect application is installed" appears and the screen switches to the Connect progress bar.

#6 2018-02-20 17:03:47

Jorma_at_CoSo

Peter,

I believe you have already received some information, but it sounds like the browser you are using is not calling to the Connect App correctly. I'd recommend you try a different browser or just launch the app and don't use a browser to join the room.

#7 2018-02-22 04:12:37

Peter Grainge

My thanks to Jorma who was spot on.

The odd bit is that whilst Adobe Connect was listed in Programs in Control Panel, it wasn't in the Start menu. When the problem started, I saw a suggestion to uninstall and reinstall it and, to be honest, that was the first I knew there was an application, I had always thought it was a browser plugin only.

I uninstalled but didn't see at that stage any application to install and after trying again via the browser, the program was again listed in Programs. That made me think that was just how it worked and I was no further forward.

After Jorma's reply, I looked in the Start menu and while Connect was listed it was nothing to do with Adobe. That made me suspect a bad install so I searched again and found the app. After installing that, Adobe Connect appeared in the Start menu and using that does allow me to share my screen. Still fails from the browser but that doesn't matter.

For anyone else seeing this issue, I found the installer at the page below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pplication

Thanks Jorma.

#8 2018-02-22 11:28:56

Jorma_at_CoSo

The Application changed from an Add-in with the release of Connect 9.7. This was done to help with the Flash support issues that have come up with the different browsers recently.

Board footer