Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-01-19 06:20:01

Rafa

Conflict creating an event based in Seminar

I have to create an event based on an existing Seminar.

Seminar and Event is created in the same day and hour, but it´s not possible because there is a conflict and Adobe Connect suggests to choose another slot.

There is no sense to create the seminar and the event in different moment, because it´s linked!

How can I solve it?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

#2 2018-01-22 11:54:20

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Conflict creating an event based in Seminar

You created a Seminar Session at the same time as your Event. The Event will also attempt to create a Seminar Session, which will cause a licensing conflict, as you can't hold two sessions in the same Seminar Room at the same time.

Delete the Session you have scheduled for your Seminar Room and the Event should be happy. You don't need to remove/modify the Seminar Room.

#3 2020-10-07 12:17:08

James Booth

very glad to read this reply, as I've been going round in circles on this question!

notes for other readers :
- the Adobe Connect user guide does NOT tell you that the EVENT module creates a seminar SESSION for you.   
- the seminar module, seminar calendar option / tab  does NOT show you the seminar sessions created / reserved by the EVENT module.

this is VERY confusing and worrying when creating an EVENT that uses a seminar license / room, and really needs to be addressed by Adobe as the functionality is very UNFRIENDLY.

#4 2020-10-09 09:58:33

Jorma_at_CoSo

If you look at the Seminar calendar it will show both sessions created in the Seminar module (blue) and the Events module (yellow).

Agreed, it's not the most obvious or user friendly workflow, but that's what it is.

Board footer