Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-01-03 06:15:41

Khaled

Video Integration with Hosted Account

Hello,

Is there a way or integrator that allow us to integrate Hosted account with video telephony i.e Tendberg devices

Regards
Khaled

#2 2018-01-03 10:47:07

soeberg

Re: Video Integration with Hosted Account

Hello - This is sadly not a feature which is available out of the box for hosted clients, and also i would not recomend it on ACMS or On-premise either.
However you can generate a great video experiences using external cameras which normaly are used for TV broadcasting or you can buy Webcam room systems also which also can deliver great video and sound.
I am happy to talk further should you like.
Rasmus

#3 2018-01-03 15:34:28

Jorma_at_CoSo

Rasmus,

Just curious, why wouldn't you recommend ACMS or on-premise?

Khaled,

There is not an easy solution for integrating a VTC system with a Hosted Connect account, as Rasmus stated. If the goal is to be able to use the existing hardware in Connect, then you may be able to plug the Tandberg devices directly into a computer and broadcast using the existing Connect Video pod. If your goal is HD video in Connect then you may need to look to a 3rd party solution or explore and on-premise deployment of Connect.

#4 2018-01-04 05:03:18

soeberg

Hi Jorma

I would not recommend ACMS or On-prem for out of the box VCU integration as i think its below par as i think its better done in deferential ways, and we do this with our clients webcasts today.

#5 2018-01-08 00:40:44

Khaled

Thanks Jorma & Rasmus

#6 2018-01-11 12:16:18

Jorma_at_CoSo

Rasmus,

Fair enough. I don't disagree but find it useful to hear a clear explanation. Going on premise solely for VTC integration is not ideal. Thanks for sharing!

Board footer