Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-12-21 03:42:11

Dimitri

Creating My first API

I am new to all of this i.e. I am new to HTML, JavaScript and AC (Adobe Connect's) API.

I made a common-info call - tick

My question is - how do I access the array or the properties i.e.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
<results>
    <status code="ok" /> 
    <common locale="en" time-zone-id="4">
        <cookie>breezsi4dundh5srw2fq6</cookie> 
        <date>2006-09-08T11:17:04.470-07:00</date> 
        <host>https:example.com</host> 
        <local-host>localserver17</local-host> 
        <admin-host>securehost.com</admin-host> 
        <url>/api/xml?action=common-info</url> 
        <version>connect_6000</version> 
        <account account-id="624520" /> 
        <user user-id="2006258745" type="user">
            <name>Joy Smith</name> 
            <login>joy@acme.com</login> 
        </user>
        <user-agent>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1;
        .NET CLR 1.1.4322)</user-agent> 
    </common>

1) How do I access the status code? (var accountId = response.results;) or (var accountId=event.result.status.@code=="ok")
2) how do I access the array? (accountId=event.result.common.account.@["account-id"];) or (accountId=response.common.account-id)

I have been reading as much as possible, but have found no solution. It is most probably a silly question and apologise upfront.

Thank you

#2 2017-12-21 05:01:31

Dimitri

Re: Creating My first API

Maybe this might be of help... as I may have something wrong here:

function commonInfo(){

var httpRequestCommon = new XMLHttpRequest();
    var common = "http://server.name/api/xml?action=common-info";

httpRequestCommon.open("GET",common,false);
    httpRequestCommon.send();

var sessionKey=event.result.common.cookie;

}

#3 2018-05-09 01:33:25

Dimitri

I travelled a long road to creating a website that can use AC's (Adobe Connect's) API, and I learnt a couple of things:

1) I posted this discussion in 2017- 12 and not one reply. Ok..Ok... maybe no one could reply ..BUT.... since then there are about 5 posts after mine... Only 5 posts. Out of those posts only 2 receive responses. Is this forum "dead"?

2) The AC team were amazing (more specifically Sushma). They helped me get to the bottom of my problem .. .BUT then again.... we pay mega $ for the support... BUT ... it is worth every penny.

3) After all my research, learning a new language, etc I finally receive a response from the engineers ...

"We found out from our Engineering discussions that Connect is yet to support CORS out of the box. As per our discussions, there has been some amount of work that has been done in the past, but that has been related to tightening the security levels, however CORS hasn’t been officially tested yet or certified for any possibility of introducing vulnerabilities or other issues along with it."

Surely this should be in the documentation somewhere...anywhere... Not even the AC support team knew this... We had to go to the engineers to find this out.... grrrrrr....

4) Finally, how do I create a website and still use AC's API?

#4 2018-05-11 13:37:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

1) Is this form dead? No. The challenge is sometimes in getting users to share their experience. In the case of highly technical issues, such as this, it may be easier to reach out to the Support team for answers as you can get in touch with the engineers who developed Connect and the API's for it. They can give great guidance, as you noted.

2) Glad to hear that they were helpful.

3) The API documentation is a general guide to show the methods for retrieving and creating information from within Connect. How those API's are deployed is up to the client. So, while CORS support may be a big deal for you, it is also possible that no one has run up against needing that functionality so it wasn't explored or documented. Now that you have exposed that need it can be looked at and support may be opened in the future.

4) I'm not sure how to answer this. I guess I'll start with the disclaimer that I'm not a web developer, so my knowledge is only in either theory or by helping web developers understand how the API works. There are many groups that use the API's to work Connect into their website or application. From looking into CORS, it seems like you may need to have your script or application run on the site where it is being deployed. That way it is all staying in the same domain. If I'm wrong or over simplifying it, I'm happy to accept that it is probably due to my ignorance of the issue.

If the Support team and API documentation hasn't clarified what needed to be done, I'd recommend you reach out to one of the partners who develop custom applications and UI's for Adobe Connect. They may be willing to help or provide a bit of training for you to get you going in the right direction. While their knowledge and information may not be free, it may be worth the investment for experienced guidance. The ones that may be worth trying to start a conversation with are; RefinedData, eSyncTraining, and Cirrux Solutions.

Board footer