Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-09-28 15:02:20

CELibrarian

Add-In update causing issues?

We have been using Connect for years with no major/regular issues, but we are now having them on a regular basis. The issues seem to coincide with installation of the September Add-In update.

Issues we're now having:
Slides freeze and/or go blank for hosts and participants (but not always everyone);
Slides never load into Connect - the screen stays dark with the Adobe Presenter logo and the green spinning circle;
Our captioner (who uses a third-party pod) gets disconnected on a regular basis.

We are using Windows 7 SP1, and we only host webinars using Internet Explorer (currently IE11).

Is anyone else having similar issues? As I said, we believe it has to do with the Add-In as we have never experienced anything like this before.

#2 2017-10-18 03:28:44

Squadra

Re: Add-In update causing issues?

My company is facing similar problems!
We are using Connect for training and updating purposes, but recently a lot of our employees and customers are complaining about lack of services and general unstability.

The typical user performs a check before any session (about Flash Player, connection to Adobe Connect server, speed and add-in) passes all 4 tests, but when the connection starts the problems are starting.

I hope this could be solved.

#3 2017-10-19 08:58:07

Pratibha

Me too!  In fact, all of a sudden, participants are getting logged in twice, and in Safari -- even though I have set all the preferences as per adobe's instructions, the meeting room will still not open in the add in. Yesterday, during a meeting I had sudden plug in failure and was thrown out of the classroom with all participants still in the room. I was luckily able to log back in right away.
Something is not right with the add in -- I reinstalled, but Safari will still not allow opening the meeting room in the add in, whereas prior to latest update, I had no problem opening the meeting int he add in with Safari.

#4 2017-10-19 09:22:18

Jorma_at_CoSo

Try using the new desktop App (replacement for the Add-in with the release of Connect 9.7). You can then join a meeting through your browser or from directly within the App. It can be found here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pplication

#5 2017-11-13 10:35:30

CELibrarian

Hi Jorma,

Thanks for your reply! I had the app installed at the time and was still having trouble.

We just got upgraded to Connect 9.7 this weekend, and I have a question about what to tell our webinar attendees regarding the App vs. Add-In. When I logged into a meeting room for the first time after the upgrade, the screen said two different things. On the left side it said to install the Connect App for screen sharing purposes. Then the box in the middle asked me to install the Add-In with a Yes/No option.

This is going to be very confusing for our users. One of the reasons we use Connect is because people don't have to download anything on their computers to attend a webinar, but now it appears that they do. This is a major change for us. Is Adobe planning to make the wording consistent? How should I tell our users to proceed? If an attendee is not sharing their screen and they do not have Flash Player installed, are they now required to install the Add-In or App?

Thank you for any advice!

#6 2017-11-13 13:58:05

Jorma_at_CoSo

I responded elsewhere, but for posterity, I'll also post here ;)

Yes, poor wording on Adobe's part. The App = Add-in. The App is the new version of the Add-in and is only required if:

- You need to share your screen
- You are uploading a PPTX file
- You don't have Flash installed/enabled in your web browser

If the attendees aren't in any of those three categories, then they won't need the App. Does that make sense?

#7 2017-11-17 09:10:25

CELibrarian

Yes, that helps. Thank you very much for clarifying this, Jorma!

Board footer