Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-09-20 02:02:26

dradavies

Using Connect for remote teaching to live classroom

Hi - apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I've hunted through the help and the forum and can't find the right answer.

I'm trying to use Connect for teaching into a live classroom. One teacher - I myself - will be physically in the classroom. The other will be offsite and joining us via connect. In the room we have two projectors which can output different or the same content and I'm running these from my MacBook Pro. Ideally I would have had the Powerpoint running on one projector, my remote colleague on the second projector, and the chat functions/room controls etc on my laptop screen so the students can't see the backroom stuff. Second best would be to have Powerpoint slides and remote colleague on the same screen, and just use one video output from the Mac. I've played round with all kinds of permutations and cannot find a way to 'stretch' Connect over two screens. Is there any way of putting some pods on one monitor and some on another, please, or has anyone else found a cleverer way of doing this?

I have resigned to running the Powerpoint via the 'share files' function, which isn't as good as Powerpoint itself but is certainly usable.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer.

Andrew Davies

#2 2017-09-21 10:39:15

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Using Connect for remote teaching to live classroom

Andrew,

Adobe Connect won't 'stretch' across two monitors.

They way I would achieve this is to have the PPT up on the second monitor, then have the Connect room up on the primary monitor. Screen share the second monitor so the PPT is shown in the Share pod to participants. Then you can have the video/chat and other Connect functions wherever you feel they best fit in the Connect room.

Jorma

Board footer