Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-03-26 03:55:26

drors30

Linux distributions

Under the Adobe Connect technical specifications these 3 distributions are mentioned : Ubuntu 14.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 13.1
But as we know, there are many Linux distributions,some of them are similar or using the same kernel : (Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu , Redhat based on fedora , CentOS is basically the community version of Redhat , etc ...). so the question is: should adobe connect run with no problems also on these distributions that are not mentioned in the notes ?
Any experience also with Ubuntu Flavors (Xubuntu,Kubuntu,Edubuntu etc..) Are they also supported ?
Another thing: there is No add-in support for Linux , how this may affect performance,audio ?

#2 2017-03-27 08:05:07

alistairlee

Re: Linux distributions

Adobe Connect should run on any Linux distribution that supports the Flash Player. There should be no difference between distros at all and Adobe Connect should run with no problem on these other versions. That's not to say they are officially 'supported'. The QA team tests with the distributions listed.

Regarding the add-in: this shouldn't impact performance for the participants. The exception to this is if the host of the meeting has turned on 'enhanced audio'. We've built in improvements like noise suppression and and echo cancellation into the add-in that aren't available using the Flash Player. 

It's also worth noting that the add-in is required to share your screen. Hosts/Presenters wouldn't be able to share their screen on Linux; they would have to upload documents to share pods.

#3 2017-08-24 05:15:24

lockederboss

In the "Downloads and Updates" section it says: "Please note that although there is currently no Add-in for Linux, users on Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat and OpenSUSE) can still attend, host, or present in meetings in the browser."
My question is: will there be an Add-in for Ubuntu so that you can share screens? And when? This would be very helpful for me.

#4 2017-08-24 09:44:07

Jorma_at_CoSo

There is no plan to have a newer Add-in for Linux at this time.

#5 2017-09-06 18:07:15

epate

I'm sort of struggling with this same issue.  Using the Adobe test page

http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm

with either Chrome or Firefox on Fedora 26, both are confirmed to work with Connect. My University, however, seems to have their portal configured to require the Add-in which basically precludes the use of any Linux installation.  I'm hoping to find some way to get around that requirement but no luck yet.

Very disappointing.

Board footer