Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-06-27 10:56:41

Mary Wurster

Captivate 2017 Closed Caption placement issues

Upon recently upgrading to V10 of adobe captivate, I'm struggling with the placement of the CC text box on the screen. Several new settings were added for the placement of the box, but none if these new settings seem to take into account a project with a TOC in it. The box wants to align in the middle of my TOC and stretch part way over the slide with content. If I set the X value so the cc box mostly aligns with the beginning of the slide, then it can only stretch 2/3 accross the screen because I can't expand the width any further. Also, despite the X and W settings being exactly the same, all settings exactly the same, the cc box appears in different locations, varying per slide in what appears to be 'random' placement.

#2 2017-06-27 14:29:51

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Captivate 2017 Closed Caption placement issues

Mary,

I would suggest asking the smart folks in the Captivate User forum. The real power users are there and those most familiar with Captivate 2017 and its fancy new features can probably get you an answer quicker than us here.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_captivate

Feel free to share how you fixed it here though. Never hurts to have good information in multiple places!

#3 2017-06-27 17:20:20

Mary Wurster

Re: Captivate 2017 Closed Caption placement issues

Thank you for the suggestion. I actually did post there to begin with. I had one user respond with a couple of suggestions but nothing that ended up being helpful.

Board footer