Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-06-23 13:40:03

tomjohnson-DSD

Hybrid Meetings in person & on Adobe Connect- HD Video in Video Pod?

We hold meetings where we have many live attendees, and many online attendees, and we have used older mini DV camcorders with firewire to zoom in on the presenter, etc. 

We are in process of purchasing an HD camcorder for other uses, but would like to utilize an HD signal in the Connect Video Pod. according to the what's new page for Adobe Connect 9.6 - https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/using/what-s-new-in-adobe-connect.html page -  720p video support will be made available soon.

Does anyone know how best to capture and input an HDMI signal into the Video Pod?  I was thinking about using the Blackmagic Ultra Studio Mini Recorder - Thunderbolt (on my Mac) to take the HDMI Signal to the computer.   Will this solution work with Connect?  Does anyone have any insights/warnings that might help me...  I'd be very grateful for your thoughts.

-Tom

#2 2017-06-23 14:51:33

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Hybrid Meetings in person & on Adobe Connect- HD Video in Video Pod?

Since the feature is still in the 'coming soon' category, I'm not sure how much feedback you are going to get.

In theory, your solution should work so long as you can see other video devices in Connect that are run through the Blackmagic device.

I believe the real question that is still out there about the 720p video is how much bandwidth will it demand?

Board footer