Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-06-13 08:49:23

e-slinger

Ghosted Green Dialog Highlight

All,

I have had odd behavior form the Attendee Pod lately (for instance, switching from attendee view to the breakout view causes loss of the names in the pod) - the only fix for that seems to be hiding the pod and reloading it.

However, one other thing i have started to see is a left-over green dialog box ghost that remains in place after you open a dialog box and close it.

Hiding the pod doesn't dismiss it, nor does changing the layout. The participants are not able to see this box, but I can.

Thoughts on this one?

#2 2017-06-13 10:30:25

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Ghosted Green Dialog Highlight

e-slinger,

Sounds like a bug to me. Have you reached out to Support about it?

#3 2017-06-13 12:57:14

e-slinger

i have not.

It clears itself up after i end the meeting, but it is frustrating. I do wonder if it is tied to the Connect update that is on its way. I feel like the Add-In platform always gets a bit squirrelly around update time.

I was curious to see if anyone else had encountered it or had come up with a work around that didn't require ending the meeting.

As always, this is good advice, perhaps after the update i will do that.

Thanks!

#4 2017-06-26 09:23:42

drummerEarl87

We have had the exact same issue. It started last week (with the Breakout View not showing the participants names in the Attendee List). Our only reliable fix has been using another computer that is logged into the same room as a host (as a backup computer, more than one device has not been affected in the same meeting room).

We have noticed if you close the Meeting Window, and follow the link again (without ending the meeting), it typically returns to functioning as normal. I am waiting to see if the 9.6.2 update on July 2 fixes it.

I have also seen the Green Highlight around an active pod, but have never had it remain after hiding the pod. That one is new to me.

I say if the issues are still present after the 9.6.2 update, we should log the issue with Support. Thanks!

- JW

#5 2017-09-05 13:50:27

ConnectVLT

Relieved to see that we're not the only people having this issue.
Bumping this thread to hopefully renew attention to the problem.
From my observations, here are some additional details:

- Tends to occur after breakout rooms are ended
- Behavior varies slightly each time, but typically involves the ghosted green menu highlight, a garbled attendee list, and the inability to use most classroom features
- Simplest resolution is to close the add-in and reopen the meeting (without ending)
- We're using On-Premise, 9.6.1, recently upgraded from 9.5. This only started happening since we've updated to 9.6.1.

Is this an issue that has been resolved in the 9.6.2 release? This issue solve in the release notes is too vague to tell for sure:
4083433  --  Fixed an issue where meeting Room Froze and became unresponsive.

Jumping through hoops to get our technology team to run a system update can be challenging, but if this solves the issue, I'd love to know.

Board footer