Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-11-11 10:18:50

futurestate

Assigning a Manager to a Group

I really hope I'm missing some obvious method of doing this but...

We've already imported thousands of users from our Active Directory and they were all sorted and grouped appropriately. In our case that means different companies each have their own Managers group and Employees group. What we failed to do was check if a group could be assigned a manager (or even better if a group can be manager(s) of another group).

All I'm currently seeing is methods for making an individual a manager or team member of another individual. This is going to be an absolutely grueling task if I have to go through the entire database and individually make these connections. Made even worse by the prospect of dealing with the scenario where a manager leaves or changes position and the entire group needs to be individually re-associated with a new manager.

Any suggestions welcome.

#2 2017-05-24 10:27:29

futurestate

Re: Assigning a Manager to a Group

Seriously? No responses whatsoever. This doesn't really seem like an outlandish situation to me. Has no one ever run into this as being an issue before? It would be mildly helpful if I could at least search by group when adding team members to an individual. Currently the process involves digging through the ENTIRETY of the user database to find the individual users that will be assigned to a manager. Occasionally this is made easier if everyone at the company has the same email address but since you can only search for users by name or email the options to quickly grab entire groups to be assigned to a manager are limited.

I can't imagine this is beyond the capacity of Adobe's programmers. It would just mean being able to take the group and treat it as a list.

#3 2017-05-25 00:28:10

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Assigning a Manager to a Group

No response is usually an indication that no one has a meaningful answer.

As you have discovered there isn't an easy way to assign a manager to a group of users within Connect. While I do agree that this is something that should be an easy item to update/change, the challenge I believe we are up against is that the majority of users of Connect just don't bother with assigning a manager or using manager reports. This can be seen by the fact that this function is pretty obscured and only found if you really know what you are looking for.

You are welcome to submit it as a feature request with Adobe. That can be done here, http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html. Who knows, maybe it will sneak into a release!

Board footer