Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-05-08 01:56:34

cuc1494225886

New Adobe account - When I open a meeting, I do not have host rights

Hi there,

Just purchased Adobe Connect. When I enter the web based administration pages, I can see that I am a host in the meetings I create, but when I follow the URL path to the meetings, my role in them  is Participant.

Is there something I need to do to get the host rights in the meeting, or is this something that is wrongly implemented by the service provider when they created our account?

Timo Lainema

#2 2017-05-08 05:15:48

alistairlee

Re: New Adobe account - When I open a meeting, I do not have host rights

Hi Timo,

If you're creating the meeting, there should be no further action required to make you the host.

For meetings you don't create, you can check the participants tab in the meeting creation wizard to see who has been invited and what role they'll be when they enter the room (Host, Presenter, Participant).

If you're able to create a meeting, but aren't the host when you enter, I would contact support to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2017-05-08 05:37:02

cuc1494225886

Hi Alistair,

Thank you! Yes, I am able to create the meetings.

...so the next challenge is to find the Support (not very explicit where it is...) :)

Timo

#4 2017-05-08 05:41:32

cuc1494225886

Hi again,

It seems to be somewhat problematic to get help in this. There is no support agent in the chat at the moment and there is no technical support phone number in Finland.

Any further ideas...? At the moment my account is totally useless.

Timo

#5 2017-05-09 06:00:00

alistairlee

Try this link:
https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/connect-chat-support.html

#6 2017-05-15 12:00:39

Jorma_at_CoSo

You are not a member of the Meeting Host group.

Under the Named Host licensing a member of the Meeting Host group must be present in a room to unlock full functionality. Administrators can create meeting rooms but cannot 'host' a meeting without a member of the Meeting Host group present.

Odds are you just need to add yourself to the Meeting Host group and then you will be able to run/join meetings at your the role you specify in the Edit Participants section of the Meeting.

Board footer