Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-01-17 11:23:19

cuc1484669882

Content Reports

Two things about Content Reports for Adobe Connect Central:

Background: We create eLearning modules available to the public that are hosted on Adobe Connect (the exist as "Presentations", either through Adobe Presenter or Adobe Captivate.

1. I need to report quarterly views of our content, but my numbers do not add up to the "Total Views" listed on the report.  I base my numbers on the total number of views of the first slide (assuming that each person would have to view at least a portion of that slide since it's loads to that slide).  The total number of views is significantly higher than the number I get.

2. I do not get a "Unique Views" heading at all - what do I need to do to get that?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

#2 2017-01-18 12:20:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Content Reports

1. How are you looking at quarterly reports? I would assume you are using the reports filter tool to narrow down the dates. Are you looking at the By Slide report for one version of the presentation or all versions? If you are looking at one version of the presentation, then the numbers won't match, as the Total Views number includes all versions.

2. Are you using the Content module of Connect or the Training module? If you are using the Content module, then total views would equate to unique views as each access would be considered a unique view.

#3 2017-04-03 14:23:12

cuc1484669882

Thank you for getting back to me!

Each content piece only has one version, so the versions shouldn't make a difference.  And yes, it's content (not training).

#4 2017-04-05 16:24:28

Jorma_at_CoSo

Looking at how Connect's Content reports work, I believe the Summary report page shows a total views tally for the entire time that content object has been on the Connect server. The By Slide report can be filtered to your desired date range. I suspect you will just need to rely on the By Slides report for the most accurate number.

Board footer