Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-03-24 06:14:48

gerryR

One presenter to many rooms (well 2) possible?

Hi

So we currently run Adobe Connect hosted with a named host running a class to anywhere from 1 to 100 guests.  We have separate Connect rooms for each cohort and only Cohort1 can access Cohort1's rooms etc.  The chat windows is used quite a bit in all our sessions.

We may have some cross over coming up in the future where Cohort1 and Cohort2 are receiving the same content however  we do not want Cohort1 and Cohort2 to be able to interact with each other (or even be aware of each other)

Is there anyway we could have our presenter present to two separate rooms simultaneously?  We're going to test out manually setting this up i.e. he logs into two rooms on the one computer with two cameras and presents but we're wondering if there's a cleaner way of doing this even via 3rd party plugin or something?

Thanks for any tips
gerryR

#2 2017-03-25 15:48:14

alistairlee

Re: One presenter to many rooms (well 2) possible?

This is definitely possible; I've seen it done to accommodate meetings greater than 1,500 participants.

In those situations, I believe a video board/mixer was used that can take a single input and product multiple outputs. Video can be streamed to multiple rooms simultaneously, but the chat pods would remain distinct. Someone would have to advance the slides in each room.

Board footer