Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-02-20 16:21:38

KellyJoMo

Presentation Remote recommendations

I used to have an expensive Logitech presentation remote that would allow onsite presenters to advance slides in the share pod. We usually have onsite and remote audiences joining simultaneously, so this is a convenient function for our onsite presenters so they're not stuck behind the podium.

My expensive Logitech mouse died and I wanted to try another brand because the cost of the Logitech mouse was not worth the short life it gave me. I bought a replacement, and while it works great with standalone PowerPoint presentations, it won't work in Adobe Connect. Frustrating! And I don't see anything after researching online.

Any suggestions on presentation remotes you have used successfully in Adobe Connect?

#2 2017-02-21 07:42:15

alistairlee

Re: Presentation Remote recommendations

Your replacement probably will work with Adobe Connect - but you may need to ensure the forward/back buttons have focus before you use it.

Try this: With a PowerPoint loaded in a share pod, use your standard mouse or trackpad (not your remote) to click the 'Next Slide' button. Now, try using the replacement remote. It should work to move back and forward within your deck. The reason it wasn't working before is that the arrows didn't have focus.

Another option I use is the Adobe Connect mobile app. Even if the room is being run via your computer, I use my smartphone to login a 2nd time and simply swipe the screen of my phone to move back and forward through my deck. It's a great alternative and I like it as a remote control.

#3 2017-03-04 13:16:39

brian2832

First I make my PowerPoint a pdf then use Satechi SP400 Smart-Pointer as a mouse.

Here is a link from amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Smart-Pointer-Wireless-Presenter-function/dp/B000I4YI7O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488651336&sr=8-2&keywords=SP400+Smart-Pointer

#4 2017-03-14 21:07:06

Jorma_at_CoSo

alistairlee wrote:

Another option I use is the Adobe Connect mobile app. Even if the room is being run via your computer, I use my smartphone to login a 2nd time and simply swipe the screen of my phone to move back and forward through my deck. It's a great alternative and I like it as a remote control.

This is genius. I can't believe I never thought of this after all these years of using Connect. This is going into my amazing tips and tricks section! Turn any smart phone into a presentation remote!

Board footer