Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-01-17 14:18:31

bondjimbond

Transfer meeting room ownership?

I saw this question was asked in the past, but was not answered. Is there a way to give ownership of a meeting room to another user? Not to set users to the Host role, but to actually give them ownership, allow them to administer access permissions, etc.?

A meeting room that my organization uses frequently for training and other meetings was created by a colleague, but I am taking over most of her role. It is very inconvenient to make her log in to set up the recording access, get the links, etc. And we don't want to create a new meeting room, as we've been using the same URL for a long time.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 2017-01-17 14:32:07

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Transfer meeting room ownership?

First, you would need to have rights to do those actions. So, you should be added to the Meeting Host group.

Now, you need the meeting placed in a location that you can access it. In the case of rooms that may be managed by multiple individuals you would probably want to place it in the Shared Meetings folder (probably a sub-folder in Shared Meetings). Alternatively, it could be moved to your My Meetings folder, but this would require an account Admin to make that move.

Once it is in a location that you can access, you will need to add your self as a Host in that room. This is what gives you full management permissions for that room.

Board footer