Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-10-01 21:33:12

**_sgw7_**

Making PDF from Scientific Publishers Accessible

Hi,
I am not sure if anyone would be able to help me or if you could point me in the direction of someone who could. I am a student who needs to use screen readers. My instructor is unable to modify the PDF

#2 2008-10-07 11:19:54

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Making PDF from Scientific Publishers Accessible

Try cutting and pasting the entire document into a text file and point a screen reader at that. It should work unless they are scanned from paper.

#3 2009-01-05 16:09:19

**_Rand_Nelson_**

It might be possible to change accessibility settings on some PDF Documents using the new Acrobat. But, it isn't likely in the instance you describe. The journal articles are more than likely password protected. Therefore, only the publisher who has the password would be able to change accessibility options on those files. 

The new Acrobat offers much more flexibility for setting up accessibility. You may find that new journal articles come with better settings than those created with older Acrobat versions as publishers update their tools.

Perhaps a request from your professor could stimulate a publisher to update the settings on an older article that was particularly important. It is likely that they would be interested in supporting your interest if at all possible.

#4 2010-09-28 04:01:45

**_praveena88_**

Hi, My instructor is unable to modify the PDF

Board footer