Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-09-29 17:22:59

bobski

Using a lobby template

I'm looking for how the basic meeting works. I've looked at the videos and created a Lobby Template that is at the top of my list, followed by a Sharing template. What I don't know is where do people coming to the meeting go when they follow the link to the meeting. Do they start in the lobby? Is the lobby closed and participants are transferred to the Sharing template when I click on it? I can make the various parts, but how does this work?

#2 2016-09-30 03:52:34

Michael Skeldon

Re: Using a lobby template

People will arrive in the meeting at whatever screen layout is active (i.e. what the host is seeing). If you (as the host) select the Lobby, everyone sees the Lobby, if you switches to a different layout, everyone's view changes to that.

It doesn't matter what order the templates are in either, it's just whichever's active at the time. Also, the templates, presentations, chat, etc. don't reset when you end the meeting - so, if you end with Sharing active at the last slide of a presentaiton and a participant re-joins the meeting (which they can do unless you change settings to stop them), that's what they'll see.

Board footer