Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-09-06 15:48:38

zyotich

Video with subtitles uploaded to Connect; no subtitles in Connect

I have an mp4 video encoded h.264, aac, subtitle.

When uploaded to Connect content area playback does not include subtitles. Is there a way to get the subs to play in Connect?

Jorma, this one's for you most likely.

#2 2016-09-06 16:06:15

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Video with subtitles uploaded to Connect; no subtitles in Connect

zyotich,

Well, since you asked for my input ;)

It is most likely that the basic media player that Connect uses to play back media files doesn't have the ability to leverage subtitle information. So you are likely going to have to leverage a custom player. You may be able to upload it with the video in a ZIP, but that would take some trial and error to ensure that it was unpackaged and played back correctly.

I do know that eSyncTraining uses an HTML player that they upload with the video (same location in Connect) and that player calls to the video. So the link that is distributed is to the player, not the video. I'm not sure how much they are willing to talk about what is under the hood, but you could reach out to them and see if they are willing to share or help you develop a solution. Otherwise, it looks to me like you could just use an HTML document to embed the player of your choice and each video gets a version of that document that calls to the specific MP4 video.

Board footer