Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-08-23 13:44:15

m.canuck

Adobe Captivate - Connect Training "Review Mode"

Hello again
I'm looking for information regarding how to prevent the message re: review mode and no choices are being tracked.

Currently I'm in test mode but once the course is launched, I don't want this to appear for users. We are updating an existing course which is quite lengthy so users must have the option to complete the course over a length of time. Unfortunately, it should be modularized but time constraints do not allow for this level of change in order to make deadline.

So, it has to be a course and they the Max attempts field will be blank.

Do you have any more information or solutions?

Thanks!

#2 2016-08-23 15:27:04

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Captivate - Connect Training "Review Mode"

Review mode is a function of the Connect server and how it allows access to Courses. The short explanation is that once a user either passes the course or fails the course the maximum number of allowed times they will then be able to re-access the course in review mode.

There is a work around that was offered, but it requires modifying the HTML used to launch the course. The full description is here: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/view … 012#p14012

#3 2016-08-23 15:39:58

m.canuck

I was teaching myself how to set up the notifications so accidentally sent two, one using the notify now option, and one using the email option. If a tester opens and completes the same course via two different notifications, would this cause the Review message to appear?

Also, what if someone completes 2 of 5 modules of a course and then re-enters and has to move click forward to start module 3?

Thanks
Maryanne

#4 2016-08-23 16:04:02

Jorma_at_CoSo

The reivew mode is specific to the Course (I assume that is what you mean by module, but I'll stick with Adobe Connect's termanology to try to keep things clear). So if you access the Course and complete it, the next time you access the Course (no matter how you access it) you will be in review mode.

This shouldn't affect additional Courses. If you are using prerequisite or test out options, then access to the additional courses may be limited to whether or not you passed or failed the previous course.

Can you clarify what you mean in your second question? Are we talking about Courses within a Curriculum or do you have something within your training content?

#5 2016-08-23 16:37:13

m.canuck

Sure.. it's an eLearning course that was developed in Captivate in 2014 as one Captivate file. The eLearning Table of Contents is separated into '5 modules' for the end-user so they can complete one module and then close and return at another time to tackle the next 'module' but its all part of the same course. Definitely not how I would set it up if I was creating it today, but as I said above, we don't have the schedule/resources to tackle splitting each 'module' into a separate course and creating a curriculum properly at this time.

Clear as mud?

So... if a user logs in and doesn't complete the course, then logs in again at a different time to do additional work, will they see the Review message or no?

Last edited by m.canuck (2016-08-24 10:00:11)

#6 2016-08-24 11:38:48

Jorma_at_CoSo

Crystal clear mud!

Adobe Captivate use to have a feature called Agregator which allowed you take multiple projects and budle them together to provide a coherent learning path. However, with the improved access to LMS tools this feature became obsolete and disappeared from modern versions of Captivate.

It has been a long time since I've worked with a project built like this, and even longer since trying to get one to work in Connect. If it is in a single SWF file, then I'm not sure how Connect's Training Module will track the interactions. I suspect it would track the training as a whole. Meaning, I would suspect they don't see the Review mode message untill they complete the whold Captivate presentation.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure there is much to be done with it unless you have the individual SWF files for each 'module'. If you have the individual modules then you could upload them without the Table of Contents and just use the Curriculum tool in Connect to create the learning path.

You'll need to make the decsion of what is the least painful path. Stick with it the way it is, flaws and all? Or, work on splitting it/recreating it so it works the way you need/expect?

#7 2016-08-24 13:12:11

m.canuck

Thanks so much, another issue resolved.
The updates will be 2-pronged; broken links/policy updates etc. short-term, a complete revamp long-term.

Cheers
Maryanne

Board footer