Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-07-25 09:16:23

briano4102735

Re-populating registration fields

Hello all,

We are in the middle of testing the release of our first Adobe Connect event registration.

Once a user creates an account for one event his registration data is stored and re-populates for that event only. We need the fields to retain the data across to other events.

So far, only the only the name and address re-populate when a user registers for a second event.

Are there any controls for this? We're concerned that having to re-enter all the fields will be a major discouragement for registration.

Thanks for any help!

Brian

#2 2016-07-25 10:10:24

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Re-populating registration fields

For account information to be retained across multiple events, your are best off leveraging the pre-existing fields for registration. They retain the same SCO ID across mutliple events. Custom registration fields will have a unique SCO ID each time you create an event. Therefore, eventhough the registration field is asking for the same information, Connect will see it as a different registration question.

Does that help?

#3 2016-07-25 11:41:00

briano4102735

Yes, I believe that does help.

So in essence, if I create an event and it has custom fields (all these fields have unique SCO ID numbers) and as long as I replicate that event the SCO ID numbers will remain intact across to other events.

As long as we don't add new fields to new events all will be fine. Is that correct?

#4 2016-07-25 11:56:56

Jorma_at_CoSo

No, I don't believe that is how it will work.

Even if you duplicate an event, it will create new custom registration fields, which will have new SCO IDs.

The short answer is that if you use custom registration questions, they will need to be answered every time. Feel free to try duplicating the event and see if that work. If it does please let us know.

#5 2016-07-25 13:59:55

briano4102735

Ok, I understand.

The only issue is the pre-existing are all text fields. What if I need a drop-down or something else?

#6 2016-07-25 14:45:39

Jorma_at_CoSo

If you need custom questions, you can create them and duplicate them when creating new events, just understand that registrants will have to answer that question each time they register for a new event.

Board footer