Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-26 11:58:41

**_Crawdaddye_**

Best Practices for Large Training Sessions

I have a potential customer who is looking for data on the maximum number of users who can attend a live training event.  They are looking at 1000-2000 per live session.  I believe this is doable according to the information I could find on the Adobe site, but I was unable to find specifics for the best way for them to go about setting this up and implementing it.

[b]Questions:[b] 
What is the maximum number of users they can have on a live training session?
How many servers will they need?
What is the best solution for audio?
Are there any limitations to the number of learners that can be tracked on the back end?
(They have 60,000 employees)
Do they have to use the on-premise model for something of this size or can they use the hosted option?

Is there any official Adobe Documentation that I can share with the customer with regards to these questions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 2008-11-28 14:14:45

alistairlee

Re: Best Practices for Large Training Sessions

Hey Crawdaddye,

My answers are approximations since results may vary based on what kind of meetings you hold.  Use of bandwidth intensive resources like screensharing, web cameras & VoIP impact the technical requirements and you'll get a more conclusive answer from an Adobe partner or sales rep who can analyze your situation.

The technological maximum meeting size is about 1,500 participants.  You may want to break a meeting that large into 2 or more meeting rooms to ensure a positive meeting experience.

For on-premise accounts, you typically need 1 server for every 500 concurrent users.  If your meetings are global, Edge servers can also help distribute the load.

I don't know of any limitations for learners that can be tracked on the back-end.  There may be limitations on how many people can take the training (either live or on-demand) at the same time (concurrently).

They could use the hosted model - but given the size of the organization and what you've posted - it sounds like an on-premise implementation would be a better fit.

If you can't find applicable documentation on the website, it probably makes sense to engage a Connect Pro partner or Adobe sales rep.  Let me know if I can help.

Board footer