Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-06-22 16:23:57

Paul S

Curriculum Viewer "Next Suggested Item" Link

Does anyone know what the point of the curriculum viewer's "Next Suggested Item" link is or where it is supposed to take you?

In our curriculum viewers, there is always a link generated by the system to another part of the training (other course modules, classroom sessions, etc.), however, when we click on the links, they do not go anywhere meaningful -- just a nearly blank Connect page that, ostensibly, should list "Upcoming Events" but there are none (see screenshot below).

Any thoughts on what this link is supposed to do or where it is supposed to take you are welcome -- my boss is looking for answers.  ;)

Thanks

guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=mZEtN6xOjOzZOKTz%2fb1xv0z6n4jcS2D20%2fevH%2b5IMTc%3d&docid=0a807033d8ce14e76ac7ecb44737d8538

#2 2016-06-22 16:49:04

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Curriculum Viewer "Next Suggested Item" Link

Paul,

I'm not sure what the Next Suggested Item link is. Can you clarify where you find that link? Is it an External link that the Curriculum creator placed at the end of the curriculum to guide users to the next course?

The screen shot you have is of an Event Catalog/Folder with no current or future events in it. Past events will not show in that view. The Upcoming Events headder is just to indicate that the events listed on that page are available to register for and attend in the future.

The Events module won't have any control of training curriculum, so its hard to say what exactly is happening with your account. If you can share a screen shot of your curriculum that would help.

#3 2016-06-22 16:59:01

Paul S

Thanks for the reply Jorma. The "Next Suggested Item" link is auto-generated by the Connect system and appears in the curriculum viewer for a given training.

Here is a sample of one of our curriculum viewers with the link:

guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=YAOk04eGxj88r2NG5gwE%2b81tGX4Noj2RFGq14oBKd9c%3d&docid=0ba72c0920386472d9d0ff4ef0c883206

When you click the link, it opens another window like the above screenshot of the "Upcoming Events" page. The two do not seem to have any connection, so I am not sure why the link exists in the first place (or how to remove it if that is possible).

#4 2016-06-22 17:28:48

Jorma_at_CoSo

Paul,

Thanks, that helped my sort out what you were looking at. In this view the Next Suggested Item is the next required item in the curriculum that the user has not started or that is in progress of taking.

Now I did some testing and if the next item is a course, it seems to work fine. However if the next item is a folder (or in a folder) then the link tries to open the folder. I do feel this is a bug, and will pass it along to Adobe for review/fixing. However, I do want you to have an answer for your boss so here is what I think is happening.

Viewing folders is how the events module displays different Catalogs. So if the courses are placed in a folder and the link is pointing to those objects, Connect is treating that link as if it were calling to an Event. So, for the moment I believe the easiest path for you to take is to communicate to your users that they should click the Open button next to the suggested item or next item in their training and disregard the link provided on the right.

Can you confirm that you are using folders to organize your curriculum?

Board footer