Menu

#1 2008-10-22 01:07:28

**_dyun_**

Announcing Connect Pro 7 Service Pack 1

We would like to inform you that Adobe

#2 2008-10-22 07:24:39

**_b2p_**

Re: Announcing Connect Pro 7 Service Pack 1

Can you list the bug fixes?  That information would be most useful to our implementation.  Thanks.  Barb.

#3 2008-10-22 08:01:50

**_jasonheffner_**

The information on the bug fixes would be very helpful. I went through the video and still don't see this information listed anywhere. Are there fixes for the audio problems? or the addin problems?

#4 2008-10-22 10:29:17

**_project359_**

From what I can see from this video, this update will correct none of the issues we are having with Adobe Connect. As we are an "on-premise" customer, the reports won't change which means they will still be useless to us.

Enrollees will still be missing from our Training Manager reports if they fail, if they haven't completed courses, etc.

I can only hope that this will be addressed in the bug fixes but I'm not holding my breath. Connect Pro 7 was supposed to be the answer to all our woes, but it fell short and made things worse.

#5 2008-10-22 12:28:17

alistairlee

project359 wrote:

Enrollees will still be missing from our Training Manager reports if they fail, if they haven't completed courses, etc.

Enrollees who have failed or not started taking a course should definitely show up in any course reports if you're using the new report builder.  Select a course report from the main report builder interface.  The screenshots in the SP1 on-demand presentation show both of these.

#6 2008-10-22 13:26:31

**_jameslloyd_**

Hmm, must a new team at Adobe - "on-premise" replacing "licensed account" actually is a helpful distinction.

But seriously, has the curriculum engine been improved to allow team managers/admins to get the most up-to-date report?  Our lame hosted account only updates a record upon learner activity (using the 'lost' team manager report link supplied to my by Randah on this forum -- lol, I have a spreadsheet of principal-ids of our team managers and have to provide each with their 'special' link - GOD this has been an awful Adobe summer).  But to the point, Team managers/admins need the engine to refresh all records on demand.

Project359 - the video linked at the top does say that "in progress" and "not yet started" status will be reported.  But my question still stands - will the report data be refreshed when a report is requested or only when a learner takes an action?

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-10-22 13:38:06)

#7 2008-10-23 15:37:09

**_dyun_**

We will be posting a complete list of bug fixes in the Release Notes that will be available once the service pack is released.  I'll post an update when they are live with a link to view.

Best,
David

#8 2008-10-28 11:34:00

**_gibsonclan_**

Along with hopefully addressing audio issues - are you able to tell me if it will address the application from hanging on the home screen and Socket Write Errors?

So Nov. 3rd for on-premise customers?

Thanks
Brad

#9 2008-11-04 19:11:27

**_dyun_**

Hi All,

Connect Pro 7, SP1 Release Notes have been posted here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/documentat … enotes.pdf

In this document you'll find a complete list of resolved issues.

Best,
David

#10 2008-11-04 19:28:51

**_dyun_**

We've updated the Topic of the Month on the ConnectUsers.com homepage to point you to resources that you can use to get up to speed on SP1. Check it out:  http://www.connectusers.com

#11 2008-11-05 12:30:50

**_project359_**

jameslloyd wrote:

Project359 - the video linked at the top does say that "in progress" and "not yet started" status will be reported.  But my question still stands - will the report data be refreshed when a report is requested or only when a learner takes an action?

That's not the issue. Out training managers need to be able to log in and view the details of the enrollees. Eg. Which parts of a curriculum they've viewed, question results, etc.

Right now, only Admins can view this. But we need managers to view complete data on their enrollees, not partial. It's insane that this is not available.

#12 2008-11-05 13:54:14

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If you make someone the "manager" of a user or group, then they can go in and check/update the users progress through a Training Course or Curriculum.

Not a perfect solution, and yes they should allow Training managers to do this.

#13 2008-11-05 14:11:03

**_project359_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

If you make someone the "manager" of a user or group, then they can go in and check/update the users progress through a Training Course or Curriculum.

This is where we have our issues. "Managers" of users or groups can only get results of enrolled users that have passed and fully completed the curriculums.

Users that are still in progress or have failed do not appear on their reports.

That's where we have an issue with the system. It makes no sense not to display all enrolled data for the Managers.

#14 2008-11-05 14:32:38

**_jameslloyd_**

Can't wait to try the reports out next Monday.

Project359 - during the prerelease program for v7.0 a method was described where a 'manager' could be made part of a group with limited admin permissions.  Has this ever been mentioned to you?

Yes, I'm looking at our hosted v7.0 account and I see that there is the Limited Administrator group.  My plan, if we had received reporting last spring, was to add Team Managers to the limited Administrator group and isolate their privileges to viewing user data.  Unfortunately, I think  this allows them to view their peer Manager groups, but it is still an option if you trust your colleagues - LOL.

#15 2009-01-05 21:24:11

**_benm_**

You know I have asked easily half a dozen support consultants about release or patch notes and they have all told me none exist. Is there a way I can be automatically notified about new patches and provided with the release notes?

#16 2009-01-06 05:36:53

**_santhony_**

Here's a link to the release notes for C7 SP 1:
http://www.adobe.com/support/documentat … s.html#sp1

You can also check the licenesed updater page for any of the latest released updates for Connect here: http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/updaters.html. It will usually list the patch and also include a link for the release notes.

I can't help you with the notification of a new release though - although that would be nice if there was something that could send out a notification :)

My best suggestions are to keep checking the pages I linked above, check here under Announcements and Events and also you could check the Adobe Connect Blog as well: http://blogs.adobe.com/acrobatconnect/

You can subscribe to the Connect Blog via an RSS reader (http://blogs.adobe.com/acrobatconnect/atom.xml) and possibly get it set up to notify you via email when there is a new post depending on the reader you use. You can also check out these additional RSS feeds as well: http://www.connectusers.com/community/rss/

Hope this helps!

Last edited by **_santhony_** (2009-01-06 05:54:26)

#17 2009-01-09 23:57:35

**_NewzGuy_**

I'm hosted at Adobe... is the upgrade automatic?

#18 2009-01-10 01:30:58

**_santhony_**

Yes it is - currently Adobe hosted is running Connect 7.0 SP1.

Board footer