Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-11-13 09:51:02

Todd.Irvin@Deltak-innovation.com

Camera Freezes Consistently between 1 to 1.5 Hours in Adobe Connect

Hi all,
We use a PTZ Optics 12x-SDI camera in a classroom, with a Inogeni SDI to USB 3.0 converter card. The camera works fine for anywhere between 1 to 1.5 hours. It then freezes. I've tried stopping the camera in Connect, then restarting, but then it just appears black. If we exit the session, then reenter, the camera works again. Its very consistent in the timing, between 1 to 1.5 hours.

I've tried adding more space to the Flash Cache which didn't help. I've lowered the resolution of the camera to as close to 480 as I can get it. The image doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm going to try directing a fan to the convert card, perhaps its a heat issue.

We are using Windows 7 (I've seen some discussions about a similar issue in Windows 8). Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks much, Todd

#2 2015-12-10 07:23:18

antara

Re: Camera Freezes Consistently between 1 to 1.5 Hours in Adobe Connect

We do have the same issue after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Screen sharing freezes too. This is an important issue whenever in a demo o internal webinar.

Any reply from Support would be very welcomed.
Otherwise we'll have to change the provider.

Yesterday we suffered that problem with a Lenovo X1 Carbon, Windows 10.

No other issues in that computer are reported with no other application.

Last edited by antara (2015-12-10 07:24:22)

#3 2016-02-10 10:38:23

JohnGarcia

*BUMP*

We have had issues with the add-in for a while now, just assumed thats how it is... but really it should be fixed.

Nothing too technical here, Microsoft HD-3000 on Microsoft OS Win 8.1 and now Win 10. Camera will last about 10 mins maybe more but will then crash every time. Seems to be a lot more stable in a browser then the add-in. But does happen from time to time in browser.

#4 2016-03-07 22:36:53

cuc1452460495

Some of our staff reported same camera frozen issue, it happens on Windows 10 all the time.
Really need a fix or a temporary solution here.

#5 2016-03-08 11:38:07

Jorma_at_CoSo

If you have users that experience this with regular frequency, I'd recommend you reach out to Adobe Support to help identify the cause(s). It will likely be helpful to have some logs from the Add-in, and you may want to have one or two of the users enable logging and pass those along from sessions where the camera crashed.

Directions for enabling logging for the Add-in can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/k … ional.html

Support can be reached here: http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/co … pport.html

#6 2016-03-08 11:52:50

cuc1457455107

We are having the same issues. The cam pod just stops working randomly: the picture freezes. For instance, today it has work fine, without any cut and with good fps.

Here you have our gear:

Browser: Google chrome
Plan: Adobe Connect Add-in 9 (hosted plan)
Video Capture: Hauppage USB Live 2
Cam: Canon XF305

Is there anything we have to take into account? Any tips? Alternatives?

Thanks in advance,

#7 2016-03-29 13:06:42

Rumo Treinamento

Having this same issue here, after 1 - 1.5 hour the camera pod freezes during meetings. We tested on a different computer on a different network and had the same problem.

#8 2016-04-18 05:04:36

JohnGarcia

Our only work around at the moment to ensure no freezing and the camera actually works for the whole meeting is to use Google Chrome, and not the add-in.

What we find very strange, is using when we're using Microsoft Edge (not the add-in) with a microsoft camera it doesn't work.

Madness.

#9 2017-09-13 11:11:04

kraigyb

Is anyone still experiencing this with the latest addin? I'm using v11.9.980.387, with connect v9.6.2.  Every time, within 1 hour, the camera streaming appears to freeze for everyone other than the person sharing their camera. The stream does refresh with a new still if a participant pauses and restarts the stream, but it doesn't stream again.

#10 2017-09-21 12:59:06

MSTrainer

kraigyb, I am using the same versions you are (latest) and experiencing the same things. This is very frustrating, considering I am a Microsoft Trainer and delivering weekly virtual sessions with Connect. I am expected to know solutions, not just bump along and say oh well.
So any suggestions will be tried and it will affect many other trainers and students, most of them in tech support themselves.
-MSTrainer

#11 2017-09-21 13:03:34

MSTrainer

I should have added: The Edge browser has the flash player downloaded automatically with its compulsory updates and there is only a switch in the browser settings for on or off.
The other browsers rely on the downloaded flash player you have. The latest I found was 27.x for the flash player.
I have tried in every browser and same symtoms: video freeze after a while.
One time it un-froze the video when I muted the mic in Connect. That was strange. When I un-muted the mic, the video froze.
Driving me crazy and affecting my deliveries.
-MSTrainer

Board footer