Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-01-21 09:46:53

giulia pitz

substituting elements of training curriculum

hi to all!
I have to substitute a content within a training curriculum, since I updated some of the information in it. is there a way of doing it alternative to delete the old content and upload the new one, since this implies losing the data about users already enrolled in this curriculum?
thank you in advance for your help
giulia

#2 2016-04-05 10:40:56

Paul Lee

Re: substituting elements of training curriculum

This has vexed me since day one as well.  I found this - http://www.connectusers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7570 - but I didn't have luck with it doing as claimed.

It seems to me that once a curriculum is created, the URLs to the courses get locked in stone.  When you update the individual courses, you can see that their URLs are different from the ones listed in the curriculum; I have not found any means of updating the curriculum aside from deleting and re-adding.

I hope somebody out there has a working solution.

#3 2016-04-05 14:26:08

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: substituting elements of training curriculum

@giulia & Paul,

Once you have uploaded the updated version of your presentation to content, you would go to the course version of the presentation and then choose 'Select Content'. You should either select the new version of the content, or verify that the content object you just updated is still selected and choose the save button at the bottom of the screen. You will get a warning message about the course being updated, and confirm that is what you want.

It is also worth noting that a training course or curriculum will keep track of which version of a course you are interacting with. The next time you view the course you will access the same version of the course that you first accessed.  You will want to reset your transcript before verifying that a new version has been uploaded so you access the latest version of the course.

@Paul,

Yes, the URLS are static, so even updating the content won't change the link that is used to access the course. However deleting the course and creating a new one will provide a new URL and the tracking from the old course will be lost. The URLs in the curriculum are different than the actual course URLs because they are linking URLS and are specific to the curriculum. They do access the actual course but the tracking is kept in the curriculum.

Board footer