Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-10-05 21:53:08

grahame

Garbled audio - but only in Adobe products

I am experiencing distorted audio in AdobePresenter and Adobe Connect. All other products (non Adobe) work fine.

The problem occurs when I record using my Lenovo laptop with either the inbuilt mic or external mic. It does not happen on other computers.

System is Win 10 with all devices updated.

#2 2015-10-17 09:39:25

PaulaNavarro

Re: Garbled audio - but only in Adobe products

I am having the same problems. My webcam and audio works perfectly with Adobe Connect Meeting, however, my voice sounds distorted. I cannot solve it with the Audio Setup Wizard.
I do not encounter this problems in other applications so I guess there is not problems with the inbuilt mic (I don't have an external one).

I have a Toshiba, Windows 10 and I am using Windows Edge (same problems with other browsers).

Should I buy an external mic?
Does anybody know why I am having this problem? I need Adobe Connect Meeting for my job.

Thank you a lot.

#3 2015-10-21 11:00:31

Jorma_at_CoSo

I would try a different mic and see if that makes any difference.

#4 2015-11-20 09:39:50

mnations

I am helping a user with this issue also. We can Skype fine, but his voice is distorted in AC. He is using Windows 10, and the issue occurs with both Edge and Firefox browsers. The Audio Setup Wizard has the same distortion. The distortion occurs with and without a headset. He can hear others well. When he is not using a headset, I can hear my voice repeated back, but distorted, even while he hears me normally.

#5 2015-12-02 11:20:09

cuc1449073004

We are experiencing the same issue - everything else in the Adobe Connect meeting is working fine, however voice through the microphone is very distorted. Microphone works fine on Skype etc., it is just with Adobe Connect.

User's computer is Windows 10 and has tried on Chrome and Edge.

#6 2015-12-02 11:59:16

Jorma_at_CoSo

I would recommend you contact Adobe Support and see if they can help identify the cause. Since there are multiple users experiencing the same issue, it seems that there may be some configuration that is causing the audio issues. https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pport.html

You can also try changing the audio quality settings or changing to the Speex codec. Also see if the audio improves when using the Add-in.

#7 2016-01-22 01:54:47

PhindersPhee

Solved.

I've spent about ten hours trying to help my wife with her laptop regarding this.  Same issue as everyone else.  Same slowed speech, same Lenovo product, same Windows 10.

The ONLY thing that finally worked is disabling the "Use Enhanced Audio" checkbox.

I'll give you the instruction set as I performed it for my wife's DeVry College conference call:

1.  Click on the "Connect" icon normally.  Or whatever you do to engage the Adobe Connect plug-in.

2.  Once the plug-in has loaded, and the meeting dialog box is available, go to the "Meeting" drop-down menu and select Preferences.

3.  From Preferences, navigate down to "Microphone" and click on it.  The middle pane will then show a wide variety of preferences, the first of which is "Use Enhanced Audio".  (In my experience, it is almost always checked by default.

4.  Un-check "Use Enhanced Audio" and close Preferences.

5.  Be prepared to do this again on each new meeting.

#8 2016-01-25 18:48:58

StephieChuChu

PhindersPhee wrote:

Solved.

I've spent about ten hours trying to help my wife with her laptop regarding this.  Same issue as everyone else.  Same slowed speech, same Lenovo product, same Windows 10.

The ONLY thing that finally worked is disabling the "Use Enhanced Audio" checkbox.

I'll give you the instruction set as I performed it for my wife's DeVry College conference call:

1.  Click on the "Connect" icon normally.  Or whatever you do to engage the Adobe Connect plug-in.

2.  Once the plug-in has loaded, and the meeting dialog box is available, go to the "Meeting" drop-down menu and select Preferences.

3.  From Preferences, navigate down to "Microphone" and click on it.  The middle pane will then show a wide variety of preferences, the first of which is "Use Enhanced Audio".  (In my experience, it is almost always checked by default.

4.  Un-check "Use Enhanced Audio" and close Preferences.

5.  Be prepared to do this again on each new meeting.

Thanks so much PhindersPhee!!!!! Because of the East Coast snowstorm, one of my grad classes is doing an AC class... and apparently participation is super key. You saved me, with 2 more class hours to spare!!!

Board footer