Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-16 09:36:23

**_floyddavenport_**

Integration with WebCT

Can anyone tell me if there has been any development efforts (commercial or otherwise) to integrate Connect with WebCT?  We have a growing number of users on campus for Credit classes and this becomes a process issue as the use of Connect within credit classes begins to scale up.

Thanks,

#2 2008-06-23 12:51:52

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Integration with WebCT

I had the same question. what are you looking to do with Connect and WebCT?

In my experience, these two products are similar and there for the integration is not likley.

If you are looking to manage attendance and records I do have a standalone soution.

#3 2008-06-24 08:38:46

**_floyddavenport_**

Our campus uses WebCT for credit classes.  Many distance education courses are using Connect to include remote students into the classroom.   However, there are multiple steps between loading information into WebCT and class recordings.  It would be nice to be able to at least automate aspects of sharing information between WebCT and Connect.

#4 2008-06-24 09:34:37

**_jcooper9099_**

...Just a few thoughts

Well the Adobe web services API is failry robust but flexible too. I developed some software that allows me to manage who attended what meeting, took whatever quiz and whatever score they got. Theoretcially I could create another connection to another database within the same software so that the Connect side could update the WebCT side.

As far as recordings go....

Those are a bit weird, I think they are stored as Swfs but they do get thier own URL, which means you could dowload them or view them in a browser. If you move the recordings to say "Shared Content" and update thier permissions you could have a simple weblink from WebCT that played the recording.

Or you could do the same but make the recording part of a course, which would help with the issuing of credit for attendance. And if one database was compatiable with the other the Adobe side could update the WebCT side on request.

#5 2008-06-24 11:18:33

**_floyddavenport_**

I've been thinking about an RSS feed for a specific class, which would list all the new content (recordings) from Connect.  I'm assuming WebCT can include an RSS feed.

#6 2008-09-03 23:15:07

**_man_**

floyddavenport wrote:

Our campus uses WebCT for credit classes.  Many distance education courses are using Connect to include remote students into the classroom.   However, there are multiple steps between loading information into WebCT and class recordings.  It would be nice to be able to at least automate aspects of sharing information between WebCT and Connect.

If my memory is correct, WebCT is SCORM 1.x compliant and so is Connect.  Connect can do either SCORM or AICC but not both at the same time.  I am not sure how it's sold or if it's included but it is possible to have Connect work with an LMS like WebCT via SCORM 1.2/1.x

Hope this helps you,
Matthew

#7 2009-03-02 09:19:57

**_bsherman_**

Floyd, here is the information about the Adobe solution for Blackboard Vista and Campus Edition:

http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

#8 2009-12-05 15:44:28

**_Nova_**

bsherman wrote:

Floyd, here is the information about the Adobe solution for Blackboard Vista and Campus Edition:

http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

Thank you for sharing the tutorial website. It is really useful. Now I have come up with new ideas.

Board footer