Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-08-26 08:25:25

krshmmr

Web Links & Files Share via HTML5 Pods

Hello,

With the recent release of the Adobe Connect Mobile 2.4, I'm excited to see that the app is supporting HTML5 custom pods.

However, our ongoing struggle with the Adobe Connect Mobile app is the inability to use two key pods: Web Links and File Share, which of course are not compatible with mobile devices, iPad/iPhone in particular.

My questions are:
1) Is anyone aware of any HTML5 pods that have been developed to allow Web Links or File Sharing via the mobile app? I've already reviewed Adobe's listing of available add-ons and none fit the bill.

2) I'm aware that HTML5 content can be developed within Adobe Captivate, but our team has not had any success in being able to import into Adobe Connect. Has anyone been able to successfully create HTML5 content utilizing Adobe Captivate and if so, can you recommend a resource to aid in the process?

3) Lastly, has anyone figured out a work-around to supplying weblinks in the new Adobe Connect Mobile 2.4 app? I've seen in previous posts that users recommended including links within PowerPoint; however, we've found that any such hyperlinks are inactive when viewed from the mobile app.

As an aside, I'm happy to see that the mobile app does have the ability to open pages in the mobile device's native browser, as the 'Help' feature (question mark icon) opens up Safari to the help.adobe.com page, so we know it's possible.

Thanks in advance for any information.

#2 2015-08-26 10:10:23

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Web Links & Files Share via HTML5 Pods

Have you tried putting links in a chat pod?

As to the HTML support in Connect, I believe that it will continue to improve, but the mobile app is currently ahead of the Connect as a whole. Near future releases should allow for better HTML and mobile support. Not sure that the File Share and Web Links pods will change, but I'm also not sure they won't.

#3 2015-08-26 12:06:55

krshmmr

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, any URL links are deactivated in the Q&A and Chat pods for mobile app users (but are available for desktop).

#4 2015-10-09 12:00:09

Connect4

We are having a similar issue - trying to find a workable solution for displaying a link for those on a mobile device.  We created a PowerPoint file with a link and published using presenter, uploaded to a share pod and it does work.  The issue here is that when you try to go back to the main meeting layout the application locks up.

Board footer