Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-09-28 15:44:41

Dust

Is it possible to control Mute and Breakouts programmatically?

I've been digging around trying to find out if it's possible to use custom pods (or any other method) to do a couple of things in Connect to streamline our process. I've played with the Collab SDK, but I'm not sure if Connect makes any of it's functionality available to us. It looks like I can only work with my own custom pods.

We're looking at working with the breakout rooms as well as muting phone audio (mute all during video playback). Anyone have a yes/no if this is possible?

In case the answer is "depends":

We'd like to mute all attendees (or just completely pause/mute all phone conference audio) and tie the functionality into some sort of a magic 'play video button', or a 'next slide button' for a Captivate slide deck. I should probably point out that we have everyone join over their phone.

We're also looking into some additional control over the breakout sessions. We have attendees in our classes that pair up for an entire week. It would be nice if we could get everyone into their breakout rooms, snapshot the rooms and attendees, and restore the assignments for the remaining sessions. We also do mixed group breakouts in every session, so we arrange the breakout rooms more than once per session.

#2 2015-09-28 16:54:04

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Is it possible to control Mute and Breakouts programmatically?

The Collaboration Builder SDK is available to you, but it is for building custom applications in Connect, not necessarily modifying Connect's functionality.

When dealing with phone audio, the SDK may not be the right path to go down. I'd consider looking into the documenation for the commands you can do as the leader on your phone bridge, and see if there is something that could meet your needs for muting all. Since every phone bridge needs something different for its controls, you may also want to reach out to your provider for that to see if they have any insight or talk with a group that creates custom pods like RefinedData or eSyncTraining to see if they could validate the possibilities and/or create the application your looking for.

For the break out rooms, you will have to assign attendees for every session. Connect doesn't allow to pre-define breakout room assignment, so you will either want to let Connect do it automatically and let the students fall where they may, or have a list with you locally and you can then use Ctrl + clicking on the users to select the desired group and then move them into the appropriate breakout room.

#3 2015-09-29 09:17:00

Dust

Re: Is it possible to control Mute and Breakouts programmatically?

Thank you for your help Jorma.

Board footer