Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-04-27 00:08:04

iAhw

Acrobat Connect Pro 7.5

Hello guys

Can you please help , we have now Acrobat Connect Pro 7.5 on one server and we need to move it to new server , how we can do backup for all the contents and the all the reports

#2 2015-04-27 11:17:42

Kevin

Re: Acrobat Connect Pro 7.5

Were the content living on the same machine as the service?

Full DB backup, backup of content.  Reports will live in the DB.

#3 2015-04-28 06:58:28

iAhw

Dear Kievin

Yeah all the content on virtual server ,

to be clear in the new server we have Acrobat Connect Pro  9 , so if we do full DB backup can this work with newer version of Acrobat Connect Pro ?

and if yes

could you please tell me step by step this well be helpful for us

thanks

#4 2015-04-28 10:32:15

Jorma_at_CoSo

The Connect 7.5 DB won't work with Connect 9. The two paths that I see as resonable is to either upgrade th Connect 7.5 server to Connect 9 using the approved steps listed in the release notes or getting the SQL scripts that are run durring the upgrade process from Adobe Support and applying those to the new DB created from the backup of the Connect 7.5 DB.

I suppose you could also install Connect 7.5 on the new server and then run it through the upgrade steps needed to get it to 9, but that wouldn't be my preferred path.

#5 2015-04-29 02:07:00

iAhw

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

The Connect 7.5 DB won't work with Connect 9. The two paths that I see as resonable is to either upgrade th Connect 7.5 server to Connect 9 using the approved steps listed in the release notes or getting the SQL scripts that are run durring the upgrade process from Adobe Support and applying those to the new DB created from the backup of the Connect 7.5 DB.

I suppose you could also install Connect 7.5 on the new server and then run it through the upgrade steps needed to get it to 9, but that wouldn't be my preferred path.

Hi

So what's your plan for us ?

we need all the contents and course to work in Connect 9 from Connect 7.5 as well as the reports for all the users who did enroll in any course

Please provide me with steps and links if its available

Thanks a lot for your help

#6 2015-04-29 10:08:23

Jorma_at_CoSo

Please don't take this as my plan for you. There are too many variables that I am not aware of and am not responsibile for your Connect environment. All I offer is my thoughts/oppinon on how I would do the upgrade.

If it were my server, my plan would be as I stated above. I would probably create a backup of my production server, then do the update to Connect 9.0.4 on it. If all went well then I would have a working environment and I could move the DB and Content folder to the appropriate new environment. If things went sideways, then I would still have my production environment working. But everyone's situation is different and I don't know if that workflow is possible for you.

Here are all the release notes for Connect, https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … otes.html. Each version should list its preferred upgrade paths. Start with 9.0.4 and work backwards in a method you find reasonable.

You can also contact Support at 866-335-2256 or here, https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … port.html, and see if they have a recomendation and resources to guide you through the upgrade. They will also be the best place to go should something not work out exactly right (plan on that happening so you are ready to deal with any hicups).

Board footer