Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-10-14 02:34:28

connect-user

Adobe Connect 9.3 Guided hints and Country code selector

Hello,

short time before our system has been updated to Connect 9.3. Now, each participant and host will receive a guided tour. This we would like to disable it for all current and future participants - how can this be done?

Also, the Country code selector is listed in the release notes. Thus, participants can receive calls from the Connect system - this is correct and how this configuration can be made?

We would be very grateful for feedback.

#2 2014-10-15 09:52:39

connect-user

Re: Adobe Connect 9.3 Guided hints and Country code selector

we would be very grateful for an answer - thank you very much

#3 2014-10-22 15:41:58

Johnny G

I am very interested in disabling the guided hints that appears at the start up of meetings.

#4 2014-10-23 00:43:16

connect-user

At seminar rooms the guided hints are not be displayed - in meeting rooms they appear. Is there any way to turn off the hints ? This question has been asked here too: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/topi … ing-rooms/

#5 2014-10-30 09:27:42

Thomas U

I would like to now how to disable that feature, too. At best for the complete Connect acount...

#6 2014-10-30 09:53:38

Kevin

If you are an administrator of an on-premise installation, you can rename the following directory to suppress Guided Hints:

C:\Connect\9.3.1\appserv\common\help\en\tips <--> rename to tipz or something.

BTW, I don't know if this is supported, so try at your own risk.  I just know it works.

Supercool Peter Ryce @ Adobe mentioned that they will enable a way to disable via an API call, but will not happen for a few months.  Guided Hints is still a very cool feature.

#7 2014-11-05 21:03:33

Educator

I too need to know how to turn this off.  It adds way more confusion for our participants than it helps.

#8 2014-11-13 11:38:43

joshw

Kevin wrote:

If you are an administrator of an on-premise installation, you can rename the following directory to suppress Guided Hints:

C:\Connect\9.3.1\appserv\common\help\en\tips <--> rename to tipz or something.

BTW, I don't know if this is supported, so try at your own risk.  I just know it works.

Supercool Peter Ryce @ Adobe mentioned that they will enable a way to disable via an API call, but will not happen for a few months.  Guided Hints is still a very cool feature.

Anyway to do this for a hosted account?

#9 2014-11-13 12:00:52

Jorma_at_CoSo

joshw wrote:

Anyway to do this for a hosted account?

Nope

#10 2014-11-19 04:08:13

cuc1416387595

+1

Hosts love the animated tips.

However, as mentioned earlier by Educator , "It adds way more confusion for our participants than it helps."

#11 2014-11-26 04:57:50

Luc

It is a showstopper for our deployment - we don't want our customers to be met with a bunch of tips they don't need and in a language they don't understand.

Remove immediately please.

I need a date to communicate to our business management, so please post a date very soon!

Thanks,

#12 2014-11-27 07:57:08

Peet

Same here. Adding confusion specifically on the audio connection slide where it unfortunately list ALL POSSIBLE options, even those I haven't enabled for the meeting. So attendees try the phone option but cannot find the details or work out how it to do it and raise all sorts of questions. Usually just before the session starts and I have no time to respond. End result, frustrated attendees that drop off.

I general I don't mind the hints, they do need to reflect my Audio options I have set though to be helpful.
There should be a way to disable them all together or just a subset of the slides.

I'm not an administrator for the system, just my meetings, so I cannot use the above 'rename' option.

Adobe, please pull your finger out and get this fixed... Thanks.

#13 2014-12-02 10:54:37

hhatcher

Just also submitting a request to AC to figure out how to give the host the option to turn off the Hints pop-up, or at least make the option to "don't show this again" work. I have selected the "don't show this again" multiple times and it never works. Thanks.

#14 2014-12-18 06:57:03

ucguy

Have Adobe simply ignored this for several months?

They must realize that this "Guided Hints" idea was stupid beyond belief..

Any comments from Adobe at all or are they waiting for us to cancel our contracts?

#15 2015-03-02 05:37:30

Henrik

Why on earth would the participant want to take a guided tour? This is so 1990s... please remove asap!

I have bought several licenses and am considering buying many more. The popup, and Adobe's unability to reply in this forum, are major negative issues. Adobe people: Please remove the popup today.

Thanks,
Henrik

#16 2015-03-02 10:02:04

Henrik

Victory! I reported this as a bug (perhaps not a tech bug, but at least a UI/UX bug) and got this response:

"Thank you for contacting Adobe Connect Support.
I am responding you in the reference of your Adobe Connect account. I apologize for the inconvenience. we would like to inform you that "Disabling of Guided Hints pop-up in Meeting" has been reported as bug # 3837858 and that will be fixed in our future release Connect v9.4."

I contacted Adobe on this forum and on Twitter, but no reply. Only after some digging around did I find the bug reporting option. Conclusion: Adobe does not care about customers' opinions. In a world where free alternatives are getting better and better all the time, I think Adobe needs to reconsider their customer interaction model. Shantanu Narayen, give me a call if need tips on how to keep and grow a business.

//henrik

#17 2015-03-02 11:42:09

Jorma_at_CoSo

Henrik,

We all understand your frustration with this feature, and are looking forward to its resoultion in the release of 9.4. Thanks for sharing the bug number so the user community can use it as a reference.

In the future, if you have an issue that needs to be addressed by Adobe, I would recommend you either call them at 800-945-9120 or reach out to them through the support portal, http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/co … port.html.

This forum (and the other Connect forum at forums.adobe.com) are user forums. There shouldn't be an expectation that Adobe Support staff will engage here, as if they do it is on their own time outside of work. The above options are the best methods to get in touch with Adobe Support and get a timely answer.

#18 2015-03-03 03:30:35

Henrik

Hello Jorma, thanks for your reply and your help.

I did try to contact Adobe. I went to their website and clicked everywhere in search of a "Contact us" page. I ended up on forums.adobe.com and later here on connectusers.com. Nowhere did I see a big fat button saying "Hello paying customers with questions, click here". 

I also called but was left several minutes in a phone que listening to elevator music. Now, I am big fan of instrumental jazzy bossanova versions of old hits, but on this particular day I had some other pressing stuff to do, like work. Anyway, new version is coming soon. Problem solved. I am happy :-)

//henrik

Last edited by Henrik (2015-03-03 03:36:53)

#19 2015-03-20 16:23:12

Terry at Refined Data

Hi All,

For clients who have upgraded to Connect 9.4, it's now finally possible to disable those annoying Guided Hints that participants see when entering a meeting room. Disabling the Hints requires Admin access to the server in question (i.e. you need to have logged in to the target account as an Admin) and then paste the following URL in your browser window: (it must all be in one line with no spaces)

http://SERVERURL/api/xml?action=acl-field-update&acl-id=ACCOUNT-ID&field-id=auto_show_guided_hint&value=false

Where SERVERURL is replaced by the target account URL (e.g. rds.adobeconnect.com) and ACCOUNT-ID is the Connect Account ID that will be found in the URL string in your browser after logging in to your account. For On-Premise accounts, the Account-ID is always 7.

If all goes well, you should receive a status code of "ok" if the command is successful.

This is an account-wide setting and only needs to be done once per account.

It's been a long time coming but I'm really thrilled that Adobe listened to the community to provide this functionality. It's currently still undocumented but seems to do the trick.

Terry

#20 2015-03-23 02:28:15

connect-user

Hello,

we have tried this option in our Connect-System (rental version). After entering the URL with the Server-Name an the Account-ID the XML-Status returned "OK". The Guided Hints are visible any more - nothing has changed :-(

Is this option maybe only for Connect-Systems which are self hosted ?

Thank you for answers ...

#21 2015-04-25 11:09:04

cuc1429978030

The supposed solution is not working for me, either. I have a hosted installation, meaning Adobe hosts it. The audio directions are causing us a lot of tech support issues. Does this not work on hosted installations?

#22 2015-04-25 11:17:59

cuc1429978030

I was logged in as admin and entered this string:

http://meet72083245.adobeconnect.com/ap … alue=false

I got an OK confirmation, but I wonder if something is wrong with what I entered.

This is the URL I see when logging in as admin:

https://meet72083245.adobeconnect.com/a … Notif=true

Thanks.

Todd

#23 2015-07-27 17:27:12

cuc1435332004

This seems to be a feature when you turn off seems to only affect new rooms created, not old rooms  already in existence, at least that's what I've found in my testing. Hope this helps, Todd

Last edited by cuc1435332004 (2015-07-27 17:27:34)

Board footer