Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-03-26 08:34:35

cuc1427376408

Using tablets and smart phones for voting in the same room

Hello Everyone
I was wondering if anyone has experience of using Connect as a in room voting system. I would like to offer the same connectivity to the people in the room so for chat and voting i would like everyone to use the Connect app on their own device.
Have you done this?
What was the knock on effect with the network? Also info on the size of the network and audiance would be great.
Thanks in advance

#2 2015-03-26 10:52:23

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Using tablets and smart phones for voting in the same room

I don't think that I would have any bandwidth concerns if you are only using Connect for Chat and Polls. The amount of bandwidth to pass data like that would almost negligable. I would verify that your wireless access point in that facility is able to handle as many connections as you are wanting to have, but I suppose they could also be on cell networks.

I've not configured and managed this my self but have been in large events where this was done.

If you want an estimate of how much bandwidth you would need, open a Connect room on your comptuer and then click on the green status bar at the top right of the room. You will get a dialog that shows your up and down bandwidth demand and latency. Try chatting and answering polls and see what bandwidth you use. Then just multiply that against the number of people you expect in your session.

#3 2015-03-26 11:15:21

cuc1427376408

Re: Using tablets and smart phones for voting in the same room

Hello Jorma
I am going to assume most people will be joining via the wireless network to be safe. While all mobile phones will be on a network not all venues will have a good connection for all service providers. I am not based at a venue so am unable to test in person. I will use the Latency to at least figure out in theory what will be needed.
Thank you for your help

Board footer