Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-02-26 16:40:51

Lagil

How Backward Compatible is Presenter 10?

I've been using Presenter 8.1 and getting ready to upgrade to Presenter 10. Will I have any problems if I have to go back in and work with any of the previous presentations I created in 8, once I have 10? (I'm actually working on one right now, so I'm a little nervous update updating "midstream.")

On a related note, if I want to make one of my older presentations "mobile-friendly," can I just open it in Presenter 10 and republish it from there? Or would I need to have created it in 10 to begin with in order to have the mobile publishing options work right?

TIA!

#2 2015-02-27 10:07:35

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: How Backward Compatible is Presenter 10?

When taking a presentation to a newer version of Presenter (8 to 10, 8  to 9, 9 to 10, etc.) The newer version will likely do modifications to the Presenter files to allow it to work with the newer version of Presenter. You shouldn't expect it to work if you go backward in versions.

You may be alright doing an upgrad mid-project, but the pessimist in me says to wait untill you are between projects.

For the mobile friendly issue, the Presenter Mobile app has been around for Presenter 8+. It can be found in the Google Play Store or iTunes. Presenter 10 does allow for HTML5 publishing, but I don't know that I would say it is more mobile friendly, just a different approach. There are also Presenter functions that may not translate to HTML5, so be sure to test it on mobile devices before you put it in to full production status.

Board footer