Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-02-10 05:07:09

graceykim

Disable Content library

Hi, one of clients wants to disable content library function for security reasons. They don't want to save their file on the server. How can I disable this fuction under administration menu?

I saw the old post regarding this, but I couldn't see "remove meeting hosts from the groups allowed to upload" on the menu (administration/compliance and control/share settings). Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!
Grace

#2 2015-02-10 13:24:47

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Disable Content library

If you remove the users from any permissions to folders within the Content library they will get a Not Authorized message when trying to access it.

You can make the Shared Content folder not publicly viewable, and remove any users or groups from the permissions list and then as users get added to the Metting Host group, you'll have to go to their individual folders in the User Content folder structure and remove their permissions from the folder with username. Then only Admins will be able to access the Content folders and anything in them. There is no 'disable the Content Library' option within Connect.

#3 2015-02-10 20:11:07

graceykim

Hi Thanks for your response. It really helps.

However, what does it mean
"you'll have to go to their individual folders in the User Content folder structure and remove their permissions from the folder with username. Then only Admins will be able to access the Content folders and anything in them. " ?

I know how to unpublic "shared content folder"part but dont know how to the next part.

Could you explain more in detail? how to do it?

Thanks,
Grace

#4 2015-02-11 12:10:44

Jorma_at_CoSo

Every person who is added to the Meeting Host group gets a My Content folder in the Content library where they can upload and store stuff. These folders are located at Content > User Content. Here is my content folder.

uc?export=view&id=0B9Sff2QmIwNCcW51NF9LTXUyYUU

Here is where you would remove the user or change their permissions to Denied. You would need to do this for each member of the Meeting Host group.

Board footer