Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-10-23 10:54:56

sebaughman

Beginner Help with Custom Pod Development

I am working on creating a custom pod for adobe connect using Flash Builder 4.7. I downloaded the CollabSDK and am following the tutorial found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz4vRIBTy3k , but I can not get the program to emulate a connection in order to test the connector. I am on a MAC and have tried the service emulator app on Safari and Google Chrome. Where can I find help with this?

#2 2015-01-26 13:00:17

develliot

Re: Beginner Help with Custom Pod Development

That video is how I learned to make custom pods, great video it worked for me

Make sure that you add into the main MXML file

<components:SyncConnector id="dave"/>
<component:ConnctionEmulator bSyncConnector="{dave}"/>

This annoyingly doesn't work with pure AS3 you have to have this in an MXML file.

In all honesty I would abandon the connection emulator and use a real room. If you open up one room with the connect add-in then you can drag and drop your debug pod versions straight into the room without searching for the file. Then have another instance of the same room open with firefox using the debugger version of flash, this will capture and display all your errors.

Using the connection emulator becomes a thorn in your side when you want to do things like test what happens if your username changes when using the attendee pod. What happens to your pod in the presenter only area, or in meeting recordings etc. You also have to deal with removing the connection emulator component and lib file when you want to compile the final SWF. My advice is don't bother with it. ;-)

#3 2015-02-09 09:36:23

Marcx

Re: Beginner Help with Custom Pod Development

Actually the syncemulator and connectionemulator works also using AS3 code...

The connectionemulator has a lot of limitations:

- it does not dispatch all the events that a real room generates (like username changes, profile changes, etc)...
- it does not dispatch events to the same user (ie. my istance generate an event, and emulator does dispatch it to all the connected users except mine).
- many other things...

I suggest you to do as 2develliot2015 told, it's the best possible way to create something useful without being crazy...

Board footer