Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-08-01 07:06:55

**_swati_**

Inserting .swf file in Adobe Connect

Hello,

I am a new user of Adobe Connect. I am trying to insert .swf file in Adobe Connect. I am not able to do that. Can someone please help me with the steps for the same... :)

#2 2008-08-01 12:36:34

**_fparker_**

Re: Inserting .swf file in Adobe Connect

Open a share pod, select documents(or your content depending upon where the file is located) - and it should open, what problems are you experiencing?

#3 2009-01-05 16:37:47

**_Rand_Nelson_**

Hello Swati,

I interpret your question to mean that you are trying to get an .swf file into your content for sharing during a meeting. If I am correct about this, and you have the .swf file on your computer it is quite easy to get it into your meeting content.

Open a share pod if you don't already have one open. Select the DOCUMENTS button and select the FROM MY COMPUTER OPTION from the pop-up list.

The browse window will allow you to navigate to your file and select it. It will be uploaded into your content and will be available for selection from the documents list each time you would like to share it when using the meeting.

The Flash Paper app is great for converting existing asset docs into swf files for use in meetings.

Hope this helps. I am also a new user and just recently figured out how to get it done. Like some other things with using Connect, it is usually easier than one would expect. The written descriptions always seem far more complex than the actual function operation.

Rand

#4 2010-05-16 01:19:13

**_davidpeter77_**

we are a shipping company and we found the post really helpful

Last edited by **_davidpeter77_** (2010-06-19 07:08:55)

#5 2010-05-17 11:56:22

**_Rand_Nelson_**

davidpeter77
Glad to help.
Rand

#6 2010-05-18 22:47:54

**_raditesasono_**

Thank's fparker and Rad_nelson,.....my problem solved now,..

#7 2010-10-11 15:49:59

**_Desiracha_**

I need help with uploading swf files with Connect Pro. I have been working with Adobe Captivate 5 with no problem and I am familiar with its basic aspects. I have published Captivate projects as swf with no problems in the past. But when I upload a swf files to a Connect pod, it goes by too quickly....is this something to do with my version of Captivate 5 being too advanced for my computer? I would appreciate any suggestions on this matter. Thanks
Desiracha

#8 2010-10-11 20:47:36

**_AChemey_**

Desiracha,

At this time, Captivate 5 is not supported in Adobe Connect (7.5) Meeting's.  This is because Adobe Connect Meeting for 7.5 is based on AS2 and Captivate 5 will only publish using AS3.

Regards,

Andrew

#9 2011-12-27 02:26:09

**_Lisareich05_**

thanks for the information.

Board footer